Shadow our physiotherapeutic mentoring team at the Specialized Centers of Cardiac Surgery, Pulmonology and Orthopedics. We treat patients suffering from various diseases and conditions, such as vertebrogenic disorders, neurological diseases and other
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing
- Program Description:
The Specialized Center of Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine focuses on rehabilitation for adults and children. We treat patients suffering from various diseases and conditions, such as vertebrogenic disorders, neurological diseases, injuries of the locomotive system, and internal diseases. We also offer various rehabilitation programs tailored to the needs of our patients.
Yearly, we admit more than 630 patients and provide treatment for approximately 4,350 outpatients in our department. Between our other departments, we rehabilitate roughly 13,500 patients.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – pulmonology physiotherapist Marek - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„While shadowing, you can observe respiratory therapy techniques applied to patients with cystic fibrosis – predominantly young people who have bravely fought this genetic disease since they were born. Respiratory rehabilitation is an integral part of their treatment. You can also see patients suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, idiopathic fibrosis, bronchial asthma, pleural effusion, or pneumothorax. I continuously work with people suffering from lung cancer to prepare them for lobectomies and pneumonectomies as well as perform physiotherapy on them after their surgeries. Generally, respiratory therapy consists of airway clearance techniques using different breathing and respiratory products. Respiratory physiotherapy also focuses on posture correction, correction of incorrect breathing patterns, and strengthening the breathing muscles. Physiotherapists in the Specialized Center of Pulmonology focus on the condition of the patient; stress tests are performed using a pulse oximeter, providing an indication of load level under a controlled amount of saturation.“
For whom is this placement suitable?
- This placement is ideal for you, if you aspire to become a physiotherapist, or doctor focused on cardiovascular surgery, pulmonology or orthopedics. At this type of placement you will gain a valuable insight into these fields and see their complexity.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program