Shadow our Resuscitation Unit mentoring team. We cover 3 branches of medicine – anesthesiology and the treatment of chronical pain, resuscitation and intensive care medicine.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing
- Program Description:
Our resuscitation unit focuses on complex diagnosis and treatment in patients whose dangerous health conditions are caused by the corruption of their vital functions. These patients require the maximum available level of healthcare.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – ARU nurse Marcela - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„You will spend a part of my 12-hour shift with me and follow me everywhere. I will show you the basic nursing job tasks such as the re-application of bandages, managing decubitus, breathing and motional rehabilitation, as well as patient hygiene in multiple ways, according to the individual case. We provide examinations as well as diagnostic procedures - bronchoscopy, CT, MRI, ultrasound, insertion of invasive inputs, and the preparation and dilution of medicine. You may see various types of medical techniques – ventilators, defibrillators, injectomats, perfusors, and devices for cooling or heating the patient. The hospitalization of a patient includes an income box and also resuscitation and ensuring the main vital functions. Apart from these procedures we must provide CPR for the whole building for adults in the University Hospital in Motol.“
For whom is the placement in the Resuscitation Unit for Adults and Children suitable?
- Your peers, who dream about being a doctor will be shadowing in the OR, within our specialized center - Anaesthesilogy, Resuscitation and ICU Medicine. These and other patients will be transported right to the Resuscitation Unit for Adults and Children, to recover from the surgery or to overcome the most critical conditions. And there comes nurses´ turn. Future nurses are the right people to take this intensive placement.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program