Shadow our mentoring team at the Children’s Heart Center. We are concerned with the treatment of congenital cardiac defects in children, and we cooperate with other Specialized Centers in the treatment of adult patients with congenital cardiac<
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing
- Program Description:
Our specialized center is the only Czech comprehensive cardiovascular center for children and has nationwide scope. We are concerned mainly with the diagnosis and treatment of congenital cardiac defects in children, and we cooperate with other departments in the treatment of adult patients with congenital cardiac diseases; we also perform heart transplants.
Annually we perform over 400 operations and more than 300 catheterizations (about 2/3 are interventional). About 800 patientsare hospitalized and we treat more than 5,000 outpatients and many more.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – ICU nurse Lucie - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„Due to the fact that our pediatric ICU is the one and only in the Czech Republic, you will see the admission of injured patients to our department from other departments within the University Hospital in Motol, as well as from other hospital facilities in Czech Republic. You will see the re-application of bandages and the removal of chest drains and stitches as well as patients with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO). Some inborn heart disorders can be diagnosed before a child is born. If the disorder is life threatening, the mother will give birth at our hospital in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialized Center and then pass the newborn to us immediately. If this occurs, you will have a possibility to see a newborn. Also you will witness the management of invasive inputs and taking care of patients with artificial lung ventilation. We are proud to say that last year our department conducted several heart transplants.“
For whom is the placement in Children’s Heart Center suitable?
- If you are interested in Cardiovascular surgery, Pediatrics, Nursing, or Gynecology & Obstetrics, this placement is the right choice for you. Our mentoring team consists mainly of nurses, however, if you are uncertain about your desired profession, you will appreciate being part of a well coordinated team consisting of both nurses and doctors, who will allow you to observe and learn from their work and share their knowledge and experience with you.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program