Shadow our mentoring team from the Specialized Center of Anesthesiology, Resuscitation, and IC Medicine. You will have the chance to observe the work proces of an anesthesiologist. That enables you to become a part of specialized surgical teams.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Program Description:
In the Specialized Center of Anesthesiology, Resuscitation, and Intensive Care Medicine we provide anesthesia services for the whole hospital and comprehensive care for patients in critical condition, as well as, postoperative care for patients recovering after difficult surgeries.
We provide around 30,000 anesthesia procedures for adults and about 11,000 anesthesia procedures for children, and many more.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – Anesthesiologist Marta - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„If I work in operating rooms you will join me and see surgeries from various specialties – surgical, orthopedics, gynecological, urological and others. At first, we will do a series of examinations and decide whether or not the patient can undergo surgery. After that we will prepare monitors to control the vital functions, implement a venous peripheral input for drug administration, and then we will anesthetize the patient. I need to be able to conduct manual work, such as ensuring clear airways, managing central inputs, conducting peripheral blockades, and making quick decisions in a variety of circumstances.
You will see the entire surgery and monitor vital functions, and when the surgeons finish, we will wake the patient up. If I have a shift in the ARU, we take care of acute patients that have just arrived after complications in surgery or the ones who were brought to the hospital by emergency services. As one of my duties is to be available for emergency care, if anyone in the hospital needs CPR you will have an opportunity to witness resuscitation.“
For whom is this placement in the Specialized Center of Anesthesiology, Resuscitation, and Intensive Care Medicine suitable?
- This placement is a great opportunity for those of you, who want to become doctors one day. Another part of our specialized centre, the Resuscitation Unit for Adults and Children, focuses on the same specialties, is more suitable for students who would like to become nurses. If you are uncertain about your desired profession, but you are interested in this specialty, applying for placement in both sections of the hospital is an ideal solution.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program