Shadow our mentoring team at the Specialized Center of Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging. Our center provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment procedures for children and adults using radiology and various imaging methods.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing
- Program Description:
Our center provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment procedures for children and adults using radiology and various imaging methods. We are particularly proud of the new pediatric diagnostic center that was first opened in 2011 and ranks amongst the most advanced centers in Europe.
Annually, we perform more than 250,000 examinations and the number increases each year.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – radiologist Aleš - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„You will be able to see the steps of various imaging methods and learn how to suggest and plan an imaging in order to achieve the best possible diagnostic results. Nowadays, imaging methods are a basic necessity for the diagnoses of patients with various conditions and diseases across all medical fields. Knowledge of when to use a certain imaging method is key information that every clinical doctor needs to possess. They must consider many questions: Will it be effective? Is it contraindicated? What can you expect to understand by using this method? In many medical fields, it is valuable to be able to evaluate and assess certain conditions that might require swift intervention. You will be able to see how imaging is practically applied in many different situations. My job consists of planning, performing, evaluating, suggesting imaging methods as well as possible indications, and discussing results and findings with colleagues from other fields.“
For whom is the placement in the Specialized Center of Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging suitable?
- If you know that healthcare profession is your future, you should undertake this placement. The great overview of human anatomy is something you will need daily, whether you are doctor, nurse, paramedics, physiotherapist, midwife, or a dentist. As there is a lot of work with advanced devices, the placement is also suitable for future technicians in the healthcare field. Seeing the different cases of patient´s health problems may help you a lot when searching for your way.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program