Shadow our Cardiovascular Surgery mentoring team. At our center we provide comprehensive care across the whole range of our specializations: cardiac surgery and vascular surgery. Our specialized center ensures 24-hour surgical service for all emergen
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing
- Program Description:
At the center of cardiovascular surgery, we provide comprehensive care across the whole range of our specializations: cardiac surgeryand vascular surgery. We ensure 24-hour surgical service for all emergencies of the cardiovascular system, including traumas.
Yearly, we provide outpatient care to more than 4,000 patients and we carry out around 1,000 major surgeries. Half of these surgeries are cardiac procedures and half are vascular interventions. The number of such procedures increases each year.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – Head of the Department Radovan- say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„This placement gives you an excellent opportunity to see how the week really looks for a person in my position. Apart from an everyday routine in the patient’s wards and morning rounds, you will also participate in common roentgen indication seminars and see vascular surgeries. If you are interested, you may stay for the afternoon and night shift. On Mondays I work in the outpatient department where I meet patients that have come in for their first vascular exams (concerning venous or arterial system) or meet with patients for post-surgical and other medical check-ups. On Wednesdays, I participate in endovascular interventions together with my colleague – an interventional radiologist - in an angiographic operation room. In the afternoon I have outpatient work again, but this time for children that suffer from inborn or acquired diseases of the vascular system and children after reconstructive procedures. On Thursdays and Fridays I usually conduct surgeries, for example to correct lower limb disorders. Apart from seeing the work of a vascular surgeon you will have the opportunity to study the problems of vascular system diseases.“
Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of Cardiovascular Surgery.
For whom is the placement in the Specialized Center of Cardiovascular Surgery suitable?
- This placement is ideal for students, who want to see the entirety of the work and cooperation of our cardiovascular surgery team and for those of you, who are still uncertain about your desired profession. Among our mentors are doctors, nurses, as well as, healthcare assistents. This way, you can get a complete picture of the work in our center with all its trimmings. Each member of the team is irreplaceable.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program