Shadow our mentoring team at the Specialized Center of Obstetrics and Gynecology. We concentrate on female patients with the most severe issues. We focus on 4 main fields – perinatology, oncogynecology, reproductive medicine and urogynecology.&
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing
- Program Description:
Our specialized center focuses on 4 main fields – perinatology, oncogynecology, reproductive medicine, and urogynecology. As the top Gynecology and Obstetrics facility in the Czech Republic, we concentrate on women with the most severe issues within the country.
Yearly, we perform more than 3,000 childbirths and admit more than 10,000 patients. We conduct about 6,100 surgeries and100,000 examinations every year.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – associated professor Michal - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„We perform both laparoscopic and open surgeries and carry out a wide range of operations. Laparoscopic procedures are the current trend because they are a very gentle type of surgery with swift convalescence and faster recovery of the wound. You will be able to see many operations from the field of gynecologic oncology and endoscopic procedures. In the gynecologic oncology outpatient section of our specialized center, we actively monitor our patients who have undergone oncologic treatment. In the colposcopy outpatient department, we perform examinations of the cervix using a colposcope. We carry out gynecologic oncology operations (e.g., radical hysterectomies, radical operations for ovary tumors, and a wide range of laparoscopic procedures). We also cooperate with cutting-edge teaching hospitals such as KU Leuven (Belgium) and UH Madrid (Spain), and our laparoscopic approaches are taught to the students of those universities. We regularly partake in organizing workshops for young gynecologic oncologists because of my previous engagement with the European Network of Young Gynae Oncologists (ENYGO), which is a part of the European Society of Gynaecological Oncology (ESGO).“
Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of Gynecology & Obstetrics.
For whom is the placement in Specialized Center of Obstetrics and Gynecology?
- The placement is suitable for aspirants of the following professions: doctors, nurses and midwives. You will see the cooperation of all these team members, while the most beautiful thing you might experience is observing a birth of a child.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program