Shadow our mentoring team at The Department of Internal Medicine, where we provide outpatient and inpatient care for patients from the age of 3 who suffer from infectious diseases.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Year Round
- Program Description:
The Department of Infectious Diseases provides outpatient and inpatient care to patients from the age of 3 who suffer from or are suspected of having infectious diseases. We also treat adult patients with diarrheal diseases and meningitis that do not require the support of basic life functions.
Every year we hospitalize more than 600 patients. Last year, we performed 16 lumbar punctures and many more.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – internist Grigorij - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„You will see morning rounds, adjustment of therapeutic care, physical examinations, lumbar punctures, insertion of urinary catheters for men, insertion and extraction of central venous catheters, the administration of transfusions, care of wounds, and during the night shift also emergency care. We hospitalize patients with infections of the gastrointestinal tract (infectious diarrhea, clostridial colitis, viral hepatitis A), of the skin and soft tissues (erysipelas, phlegmone, shingles, diabetic ulcers), of the nervous system (aseptic meningitis), of the bones (Spondylodiscitis, sacroileitis), heart valves (endocarditis), and also of the blood and bloodstream (sepsis).“
For whom is the placement in the Internal Medicine Specialized Center - Infectious Diseases Division suitable?
- This specialty is suitable for you, if you are interested in the field and you aspire to become a doctor. Although we only have one mentor in this specialized center, we have decided to allow for the placement anyway, because Infectious Diseases Division is a very unique workplace, where you can get a lot of valuable information - there is so much to learn and explore. Our mentor has a lot of international experience from Kenya and Sudan and together, you can discuss the potential and future of this specialty.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program