Shadow our mentoring team at the Emergency Department for Adults. We provide acute emergency care for patients with a sudden health disorder. Every year we provide care for around 50,000 patients.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Program Description:
The Emergency Department for Adults provides acute emergency care for patients with a sudden health disorder. It is a newly reconstructed department that was opened in April 2014.
Every year about 50,000 people arrive at the department with a number of health conditions that vary in their severity.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – senior doctor Jan - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„Together we will hear the stories of patients, from banal issues to the most severe cases. We will witness suffering and pain. Perhaps we will laugh together with patients, too. We will examine the injuries by asking questions, performing examinations, and using modern medical methods. Based on all of our findings, we will try, using all the necessary medicines and treatments, to help the patients so they can leave with relief and eventually go home for further outpatient treatment. If letting the patient go home would not be sufficient or even dangerous, we will discuss further treatment in our hospital.“
Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of ER for Adults and watch the video here.
For whom is the placement in ER for Adults suitable?
- This placement is perfect for those of you who want to become a paramedic or a doctor in the ER who stands in the first line and has the first contact with the patient. Emergency medicine offers you one huge benefit that other medical specialties cannot in that you will see a wide range of patients and conditions that are not specific to one organ or system in the body.
Know more about the mentors' experience and daily job tasks directly on CHP Program webpage.
Do you want to know how a clinical insight experience with the CHP Program looks like? Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of ER for Adults.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program