Shadow our Catheterization Unit mentoring team. You have a unique chance to observe the healthcare professionals treating patients with heart and vascular diseases. We focus on providing our inpatients and outpatients with comprehensive cardiologic c
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing
- Program Description:
Because of the high number of treatments we offer and the wide range of our care, our Cariology Specialized Centre is among the largest centers in the Czech Republic. We use the most advanced examination and treatment procedures.
We provide up to 24,000 patients with treatment every year. Annually, we perform approximately 2,900 diagnostic catheterizations, 130 ICD implantations, 120 radiofrequency ablations of arrhythmias, and many more.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors - charge nurse Martina - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
"We work in different operating rooms and the operational program varies as well as the procedures we provide. In the stimulus operation rooms, you will see the implementation of cardiac electrodes, as well as the implantation and replacement of a pacemaker or cardioverter. Also, you might witness the implantation of a biventricular CRT-D or a reveal implantation. In the operating room of arrhythmology, you can see cardioversion or defibrillation, as well as, an electrophysiological examination of the heart and an ablation of arrhythmogenic deposits (tachyarrhythmia or atrial fibrillation).
My work also involves checking the results from the laboratory, preparing sterile and non-sterile materials, preparing instrument tables, getting the patient ready in the operating room, assisting during the performance, and monitoring the ECG and vital functions. I am also in charge of administering drugs, documentation, cleaning the operating theatre, decontaminating medical equipment, and preparing instruments for sterilization. In short, you will see the complexity of my work."
For whom is the placement in Catheterization Unit suitable?
- This placement is suitable for you, if you are considering a career path in nursing, cardiovascular surgery or in radiology and diagnostic imaging, as we closely cooperate with these specialized centers within our hospital. Minor surgery is a fundamental part of this specialty, therefore you will not only witness the work of our nursing team in cooperation with technicians, but you will also observe the work of the doctors during the surgery.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program