Shadow our mentoring team at the Specialized Center of Spinal Surgery. We treat spinal conditions and diseases, such as injuries of the spine and spinal cord, degenerative and oncologic diseases, inflammation of the spine, and congenital deformities.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Program Description:
Our center specializes in spinal surgery. Due to the scope of care provided and the number of operations performed, the Spinal Surgery Specialized Center ranks among the leading medical centers within the Czech Republic. We focus on treatment of nearly all spinal conditions and diseases, such as injuries of the spine and spinal cord, degenerative and oncologic diseases, inflammation of the spine, and congenital deformities.
Every year we attend to the needs of more than 12,000 outpatients. We provide spinal surgery to nearly 1,400 patients and accommodate around 1,500 patients in our ward every year.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors - charge nurse Lenka - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„I will teach you about how a patient can get to our department, talk about the most frequent medical diagnoses that are treated in our department, and, of course, about other associated diseases. Moreover, I will explain the nurses’ and doctors’ documentation involving registration of incoming patients, transportation of patients to other departments, and their release from the standard department and ICU. With the patients’ agreement, I will show you all our nursing duties, such as administration of medication, application of peripheral venous catheters, management of invasive inputs, taking samples of biological material, implementation of permanent urine catheters, re-binding of surgical wounds, treatment of skin defects, and the nursing of bed sores. Be ready to meet patients coming from an operating theatre, watch nurses connect patients to monitoring devices see oxygen therapy, and much more. You will observe the administration of blood derivatives and infusion solutions, the exercise regimes of patients, and physiotherapy. Finally, I will show you the cooperation of nurses and doctors. In case of an examination, you may have the chance to accompany the patient outside of the department for medical checkups.“
For whom is the placement in the Spinal Surgery Specialized Center suitable?
- Nurses are in the right place here. You will learn how to provide post-operative care in terms of both, psychical and physical treatment - that is a factor of professionalism. You will meet your colleagues from Physiotherapy, too.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program