Shadow our Pulmonology mentoring team. In our specialized center we provide prevention, diagnosis, treatment, assessment and research on disorders of the respiratory tract including tuberculosis. Yearly, we hospitalize more than 1,700 patients.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing
- Program Description:
In our specialized center we provide prevention, diagnosis, treatment, assessment and research on disorders of the respiratory tract including tuberculosis. The members of our team also perform lung transplants. In addition, we focus on reducing the probability of transition from acute to chronic stage, along with rationalization of care for patients with chronic diseases of the respiratory tract.
In 2014, 1,714 patients were hospitalized. We treated 1,598 outpatients, performed 1,485 bronchoscopies and provided 1,126 patients with chemotherapy and many more.
Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply. What does one of our mentors – pulmonologist Dmitri - say about your placement schedule and patient cases to observe?
„You will see the everyday medical tasks in the Pulmonology center - physical examinations of patients and assessing the results of laboratory tests and imaging tests. I perform bronchoscopies, as well as diagnostic and therapeutic procedures like thoracentesis, SONO of the chest, drain extraction, blood administration, and so on. Once a week, there are important patient rounds with the head of our specialized center. We analyze medical records of patients and plan the following steps for treatment - the diagnostic procedure. Once a week you can also see the interdisciplinary seminar. There is always a chest surgeon, an oncologist, and other specialists. We discuss bronchoscopies, chest punctures or work in the acute outpatient pulmonology center. I take care of newly admitted patients, discharging patients, and the transport of patients to other hospitals or departments.“
For whom is the placement in Pulmonology Specialized Center suitable?
- You will appreciate pulmonology mainly as a future doctor as the job tasks are connected to the medical specialty.
Do you want to know how a clinical insight experience with the CHP Program looks like? Check the following video
Know more about the mentors' experience and daily job tasks directly on CHP Program webpage.
- Setting Description:
- Our program takes place in University Hospital in Motol. It is located in Prague, Czech Republic. Czech Republic is known as the heart of Europe. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, surrounded by its neighboring countries, Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. Its position is ideal for travelling around the continent, and it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Although it is a part of NATO and EU for a long time, it has its own currency called the Czech crown, which has a great exchange rate against the USD, GBP, and other currencies. This will make weekend trips very affordable for everyone!
- 1199 USD. The tution includes: Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum, Tutorials and Excursions 3 times per week, Study Materials, Accommodation and Food, CHP System to control your trip with just a click, 24/7 CHP Team support.
Additional Program Information
- You need to be 17-26 years old student and speak english fluently. Certain level of maturity is necessary for this type of placement.
- Scholarships Description:
- We want to support as many young people as possible to pursue their dream of becoming a healthcare professional. Every six months we will provide a partial CHP Scholarship to one of you. We will let you know via our social media outlets.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program