- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
CYA has offered study abroad programs in a wide range of academic disciplines for nearly 60 years. With supplemental activities varying from archaeological digs to study-travel and volunteer/internship opportunities, students are able to actively engage with their course material. Students live in apartments in downtown Athens and will be inspired to immerse themselves in the environment and expand their worldview. Athens, a European capital, is rich in history but also a contemporary hub for art, international business and relations, and debate on economic, political, and migration issues.
In addition to the academic program, CYA encourages students to become involved in extracurricular activities, volunteer/internship opportunities, and exploring independently on weekends. They return home academically empowered, intellectually stimulated, and with a passionate commitment to furthering international and intercultural understanding.
SEMESTER/ACADEMIC YEAR PROGRAM: The CYA curriculum consists of academically rigorous courses taught by expert faculty. Course offerings encompass a range of academic disciplines and are taught in English. Optional language courses are available (Modern & Ancient Greek, Latin). Each semester, classroom lectures are complemented by onsite courses and field study to major historic and contemporary sites around Greece..
SUMMER PROGRAM: Students interested in short term, intensive study abroad are invited to take advantage of CYA's summer programs, which offer unique, experience-based opportunities for learning. Our unique courses are tailored to combine academics with authentic experiences, taking advantage of the sun, the sea and the vibrant summer culture from Athens to the surrounding islands.
WINTER/J-TERM PROGRAM: CYA’s Winter intersession program offers classes in Anthropology or Archaeology. Our intersession courses are short-term, 3-week, intensive study abroad opportunities open to students interested in extending their semester or for a short stand alone program over J-Term.
VIRTUAL INTERNSHIPS: CYA has been overseeing internships and volunteerism for students for over 25 years. Students will intern under the direction of a CYA faculty member and will learn intercultural skills and obtain experience in a dynamic field while adapting and gaining new skills in the evolving professional landscape.
- Setting Description:
- CYA is a great base for learning in Greece. Students live in CYA apartments in central Athens, and a limited number of homestays are available for semester or academic year students. Apartments are furnished and equipped with WiFi, and bedrooms have A/C. The safe and highly desirable neighborhood in which the students live has grocery stores, cafes, bakeries, restaurants, banks, dry cleaning shops, and a weekly farmer's market, as well as many other amenities nearby. Best of all, CYA facilities are centrally located to sites, monuments, and museums, as well as bus, trolley and metro stops.
- Please visit our website for current fees.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- We offer generous need-based scholarships! See website for more information.