Each student pursues a completely individualized course of study based on his or her interests and home school requirements. CUPA offers an extraordinary wealth of academic choices through numerous affiliations with higher education institutions in Paris.
- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- CUPA is a highly selective year, semester or summer French immersion program implementing individualized programs of study in all majors, including the hard sciences and fine and performing arts. Students have a wide range of academic choices, enrolling in regular classes at most universities in Paris and many specialized institutes and Grandes Ecoles. A limited number of in-house courses are offered, but not required, and each semester begins with a mandatory 3-week Paris-based orientation program. A hallmark of the program is the personal attention and support provided to each of the 40-50 participants. Students are encouraged to pursue their extra-curricular interests (e.g. sports, music, clubs, etc.) and are aided by the CUPA staff in finding appropriate options. Extensive cultural activities and unlimited Paris transportation pass are part of the program. Two housing options: a home stay with a carefully-selected host family or independent housing. This program is conducted entirely in French, therefore at least 5 semesters of college-level French with a grade of B+ is required
Each student pursues a completely individualized course of study based on his or her interests and home school requirements. CUPA offers an extraordinary wealth of academic choices through numerous affiliations with higher education institutions in Paris. Program participants may matriculate directly into one, or several universities, along with the option to take one of a variety of CUPA in-house courses. Below is a list of the most popular institutions at which program participants choose to enroll. A full list is available on our website: • Université Paris-Sorbonne • Université Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris 3 • Université Paris 8 - Saint Denis • Université Paris Ouest - Nanterre La Défense • Université Paris-Dauphine • Université Pierre et Marie Curie • INALCO - Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales • École du Louvre • ENS - École Normale Supérieure • EHESS - École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales • IRIS – Institut de Relations Internationales et Stratégiques
- Individualized academic programs designed to meet the specific interests of each student. - The most extensive range of course offerings available to study-abroad students in Paris. - Special programs in the fine and performing arts and access to graduate-level seminars. - Private language and methodology mentoring to reinforce the immersion experience. - Excellent balance between independence and a strong support system. - A stimulating cultural program combining tradition and innovation. - A unique community of exceptional students dedicated to their learning experience. - An advanced Summer Program for students who take immersion seriously.
- Setting Description:
- Located in the heart of Paris, near the Luxembourg Gardens. The CUPA program's high standards are consistent with the exceptional caliber and potential of its students. Students are selected according to their individual profiles and their French language skills, and form a community of diverse, talented and motivated individuals. They are well-prepared intellectually and linguistically and seek an in-depth experience as well as a high-quality academic program during their semester, year, or summer in Paris.
- Please see our website for the most current information on tuition and fees.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program