- Leyte, Philippines
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Environment
- 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months
- Program Description:
The Southern Leyte Coral Reef Conservation Project (SLCRCP) was initiated in September 2002. The coral reefs of Southern Leyte remain some of the least disturbed and least researched habitats in the Philipines. Sogod Bay and adjacent areas contain some of the richest coral reefs in the Philippines, and are important feeding areas for a range of marine megafaunal species including pilot whale and whale shark. As a CCC volunteer, your aim is to help identify areas of ecological and commercial importance for government plans. You will also be assessing the health of the reef and working with local communities to raise awareness of the island’s coastal resources.
By joining us on a diving expedition you will learn how to dive, or improve your skills, in some of the most bio-diverse locations in the world, and become adept at identifying corals, fish and a host of other marine creatures. You can gain work experience relevant to a degree or career. In a competitive job market, the CCC experience is one that is recognised by employers and recruiters as giving applicants that extra something, particularly at interviews.
- Setting Description:
- Our site is based in Sogod Bay, Napantao on the ocean's edge, metres from one of the top ten diving sites in Southern Leyte.
- Expeditions starts from £ 970.- a fortnight
Additional Program Information
- We are happy to confirm that no diving or science training is required, all we ask is an eagerness to learn. Those joining must be at least 18 years of age and able to pass the CCC medical.
- Scholarships Description:
- Free four week scholarships are available to Filipino citizens only.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program