COPE Health Scholars and the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health has an exciting program for international students so that they can expand their global perspective on health care through education, networking and experiential learning.
- Los Angeles, United States
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Over the course of one week, students will explore different aspects of the U.S. health care system and learn about a career in health care (medicine, nursing, pharmacy, allied health and public health) through lectures taught by UCLA professors as well as trainings, hospital tours, guest lectures and university visits. Students will connect with other students from around the world while touring Los Angeles. Upon completion, students will receive a certificate of completion from UCLA as well as the items listed below.
The program will consist of:
- U.S. health care lectures taught by UCLA professors
- U.S. Hospital tour
- Special guest lectures/panels by experts in the field of medicine, nursing, pharmacy and allied health
- University visits – meet and greet with admissions representatives
- Simulation lab
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification with the American Heart Association provided by CPR Hero, LLC
- Extracurricular cultural activities including:Disneyland, Universal Studios, Museums, Skyspace LA, Hollywood, Santa Monica
Please visit our website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program