- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Culinary Arts
- Program Description:
As a leading cooking school in London, we have all the tools, tips and tricks to provide comprehensive culinary training, imparting you with knowledge that will last a lifetime.
Who is this course suitable for?
This London-based cooking course is suitable for anyone with an interest in cooking who wants to develop their existing skills and repertoire or gain professional chef’s training. The intensive structure will equip you with the knowledge, skills, expertise and confidence to follow your food dreams, whether this be in catering, yacht or chalet cooking or professional kitchens.
What you’ll learn
Cookery School was founded on teaching people how to cook good food with confidence. Therefore, this cooking course is designed to help you master the fundamentals of cooking, covering not only techniques but sourcing, planning, menu writing, budgeting, sustainability and more. You’ll also have the opportunity to take on work experience in your final week.
- Salads, dressings and vegetables
- Pastry: puff, shortcrust, sweet shortcrust & choux
- Soups and stews
- Bread and sourdough making
- Roasts and Yorkshire pudding
- Cake, biscuits, macarons, scones, muffins and pancakes
- Pasta, risotto and gnocchi
- Chocolate tempering and shaping
- Indian Middle Eastern, Thai and other cuisines
- Knife skills
- Savoury and sweet sauces
- Preserves and pickles
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.45am – 4.30pm for six weeks.
Class size: Limited to 12 participants with a high teacher to pupil ratio.
What you’ll need: A chef’s jacket and trousers. We’ll supply the rest.
The cost of the professional cooking course is £7,750. This includes the cost of OCN Level 3 certification, WSET (wine) Level 2 qualification, health & safety award, all necessary ingredients and equipment, as well as a daily fresh apron.
We are happy to take payment in installments, with an upfront 50% deposit and the final payment being made at least two weeks before the start of the course. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible to apply for a professional development loan from the government or you may be eligible for four months credit at 0% interest from PayPal.
If you would like to have a taster session, enroll in one of our classes or courses and we will deduct this from the cost of the Cook’s Certificate when you sign up.
Should you be ready to find out more, register your interest using the form on the right. We will then arrange a time for our Principal to give you a call or to meet with you to discuss the course and ensure that you gain what you are hoping to from it.
- Setting Description:
- 15b Little Portland Street London W1W 8BW Central London, 2 minute walk from Oxford Circus Station
- 7750 GBP. This includes the cost of OCN Level 3 certification, WSET (wine) Level 2 qualification, health & safety award, all necessary ingredients and equipment, as well as a daily fresh apron.
Additional Program Information
- Contact the school for information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program