The curriculum is designed for students interested in teaching graduate level business courses in higher educational institutions. Completion of this program also requires a dissertation and biannual attendance at a residential symposium in Colorado.
- Schaumburg, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Higher Education, Higher Education, Higher Education, Higher Education, Higher Education, Higher Education
- Program Description:
CTU DM program offers concentration in Higher Education Teaching and Learning
Colorado Technical University’s Doctor of Management (DM) degree program now offers a focused concentration in Higher Education Teaching and Learning. This rigorous curriculum is designed for students interested in teaching graduate level business courses in higher educational institutions.
What You Can Learn
In addition to the advanced core curriculum, students are required to complete concentration courses designed to provide the advanced knowledge and skills that can enhance their abilities to make positive contributions in the area of teaching adults in graduate programs. Students will be expected to:
- Apply curriculum design and instructional best practices to classroom instruction in face-to-face and online environments.
- Design a curriculum that combines both practice and theory to support student learning outcomes.
- Collect and evaluate assignments to ensure effective measures of student outcomes and institutional effectiveness.
- Use technology and media to meet requirements for all modalities of the adult learner.
What You Can Achieve
The program is delivered online and requires students to attend an intensive two and a half day residential symposium twice each year. These symposia are conducted quarterly in Colorado Springs, CO. Completion of this program also requires the successful defense of a dissertation entailing a literature review and a research proposal.
When You Can Start
Applications are being accepted now. Students interested in learning more about this program are encouraged to contact us today.
Colorado Technical University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411) www.ncahlc.org.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program