- Greenwood Village, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Criminal Justice
- Program Description:
The degree in Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration provides an advanced knowledge of trends and developments in the management of criminal justice organizations. These online criminal justice courses offer leadership, critical thinking, and effective decision making required in organizations including law enforcement, corrections, court, and community-based justice delivery offices.
The accredited online criminal justice degree program provides knowledge and tools to students who want to advance professionally into leadership and management roles in criminal justice organizations. Classes in this program focus on criminology, law enforcement, juvenile justice, corrections, and research methods specifically oriented toward criminal justice professionals.
Develop and apply basic statistical skills and quantitative reasoning for critical evaluation of quantitative information.
Understand the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective criminal justice system.
Examine ethical standards and issues in criminal justice processes and in professional decision making including the ever-present tension between effective crime control and appropriate civil liberties.
Survey a range of theoretical approached that explain crime and apply theoretical reasoning and concepts to observations of crime and control.
Analyze, from a restorative justice perspective, the needs of victims and offenders as well as the involved community as an alternative to satisfying abstract legal principals or punishing the offender.
Appreciate the investigative profession as a scientific field; sample and apply physical science methods to solve forensic problems.
Additional Program Information
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
- FinancialAid Info:
- Loans may be available. Applicants may apply by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Scholarships Description:
- Students are encouraged to work with the University's Financial Aid office to obtain information about organizations that can help them find sources of funding (scholarships, grants, loan forgiveness programs, etc.).
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program