- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
CYA has offered study abroad programs in a wide range of academic disciplines for over 50 years. With supplemental activities varying from archaeological digs to onsite courses, study-travel, and volunteer opportunities, students are able to actively engage with their course material. Students live in apartments in downtown Athens and will be inspired to immerse themselves in the environment and expand their worldview. As a European capital, Athens is both rich in history and a contemporary hub for art, international business and relations, and debate on economic, political, and migration issues.
The CYA curriculum comprises a diverse set of courses taught by expert faculty. There is a strong emphasis on both contemporary and ancient studies, focusing on European and East Mediterranean Area Studies. Courses are taught in English, but language courses are available. Classroom lectures are complemented by onsite courses and field trips to major historic and contemporary sites near Athens, along with study-travel to various parts of Greece and Europe (included in tuition).
In addition to the academic program, CYA encourages students to become involved in extracurricular activities and explore independently on weekends. They return home academically empowered, intellectually stimulated, and with a passionate commitment to furthering international and intercultural understanding.
- Setting Description:
- Located in central Athens, CYA is a great base for learning in Greece. Students live in CYA apartments in central Athens, and a limited number of homestays are available for semester or full-year students. Apartments are furnished and equipped with WiFi, and bedrooms have A/C. The safe and highly desirable neighborhood in which the students live has grocery stores, cafes, bakeries, restaurants, banks, dry cleaning shops, and a weekly farmer's market, as well as many other amenities nearby. Best of all, CYA facilities are centrally located to sites, monuments, and museums, as well as bus, trolley and metro stops.
- Please visit our website for current fees.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- We offer scholarships! See website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program