- Altamonte Springs, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Paramedic & EMT, Paramedic & EMT, Paramedic & EMT, Paramedic & EMT, Paramedic & EMT
- Program Description:
This program is comprised of twenty-seven (27) credit hours presented over twenty eight (28) weeks. Emergency Medical Technicians are prepared as competent entry-level Emergency Medical Technicians in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
• Demonstrate comprehension of the roles and responsibilities of an entry-level EMT-P.
• Demonstrate the ability to think appropriately and professionally including responding with appropriate speed in any given emergency situation.
• Understand and apply appropriate psychomotor skills in EMS settings.
• Demonstrate application of professional standards to the affective learning domains, integrity, empathy, self-motivation, appearance, personal hygiene, self-confidence, communications, time management, teamwork, diplomacy, respect, patient advocacy, careful delivery of service, and cultural competence.
• Be certified in Basic Life Support for healthcare providers.
• Demonstrate that they are competent team leaders directing patient care.
• Demonstrate competence in using body substance isolation equipment.
• Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate scene safety for all care providers, the patient, and bystanders.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the body, how it works, and how medication affects it.
Additional Program Information
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program