- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- On Semester at Roehampton, London, over 400 areas of study means options galore! Roehampton is front and center, with some of the best academics around. The Higher Education Quality Council recently commended Roehampton for its outstanding academic standards and quality assurance systems. The University allows you to choose “modules” (aka courses) from different disciplines, so you can fulfill both your elective and major requirements. Included in the fee are full-time tuition and CISabroad administrative fees, housing, all CISabroad advisory services and personal pre-departure orientation, airport pick-up, host university orientation, 2 excursion, health and accident insurance, academic transcript, student union/association fees, and carbon off-set of air travel.
- Setting Description:
- Situated in one of the most attractive areas of London, Roehampton provides an excellent base from which to explore the opportunities of a major capital city. Roehampton is made up of four historic colleges, each with its own particular traditions, set on beautiful grounds, with a mixture of historic buildings and exceptional new facilities.
Based on 2 Reviews
- My Semester in London, England09/15/16
I spent January to May 2016 at the University of Roehampton in London, England through CIS and incredible doesn't even begin to describe my time there. I had the opportunity to experience different learning and academic styles, travel to more than 8 countries,
try all different types of food, meet people and make lifelong friends with people all over the world, and so much more. CIS was amazing starting right away with a welcome dinner, having day trips to places like Windsor Castle, and always there to answer any questions or concerns. Roehampton Uni itself is beautiful, the living situation is nice (you get your own room!), and they host all different events throughout the week from karaoke, to discounted club nights, and access to all of the clubs on campus! Downside? It's a little far away from Central London and getting home after a late night out at clubs is a little difficult if you want to use public transportation. I went to London through CIS on my own - I knew no one getting onto that plane in Boston - but I was confident and prepared thanks to all of the help from the CIS staff. I left London with a group of girls I still talk to almost every single day and have visited/plan to visit in the near future and the stories and experiences I have are so special to me. If you are thinking about going abroad - do it! And go through CIS!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- The Semester That Changed My Life01/11/15
Spending a semester abroad in London studying at The University of Westminster was the best decision I've ever made, and going through CIS was another good choice. My home University has one of the top study abroad programs in the United States but being
an out of state student made the decision to go through an outside program that much easier because I was saving so much money. I save about $10,000 by going through CIS and another reason to go through CIS is because they allow you to actually be a student. Yes, going through your home Uni you're with friends/college students you know and possibly professors' you're comfortable with but you can take whatever courses you want as a CIS Abroad student and it forces you to meet locals. I know people who went through their schools to London the same semester I went and they didn't know any locals because they were always with their friends. I met some of the best people at the University of Westminster because I was taking classes with other Westminster students. Sure at the beginning it was a little lonely but once classes started I started meeting students and it changed my life. If I were you and wanted to have the best 3-4 months of your life, spend the semester in London and go through CIS Abroad!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend