- Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- Ride an ostrich, visit a colony of beach penguins, and explore Tsitsikamma National Park this summer. Field trips, hands-on community service projects, and expert guest lecturers make this a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Summer in South Africa is a 3-week program at Stellenbosch University during the month of June. Field trips, hands-on community service projects, and expert guest lecturers make Summer in South Africa a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Course topics include History, Biodiversity, Apartheid, HIV and AIDS, Democratization, and Service-Learning course focusing on sustainable community development that ties-in regular visits to outlying, marginalized communities.
• A tour of Stellenbosch and the wine country • 6-day, 5-night Garden Route Tour • Excursions to Cape Town, Robben Island, Cape Point, and Table Mountain • Full-time tuition and fees • Housing (fully furnished apartments) • Medical and accident insurance • Academic advising • Financial aid counseling • Assistance with travel arrangements • CISabroad support services before, during, and after the program • Predeparture orientation • Airport pickup • Internet connection and laundry facilities • Stellenbosch University orientation • On-site support • Stellenbosch University official transcript • Carbon offset of travel
- Setting Description:
- Stellenbosch is located in an area of South Africa that’s ideal for students. It is a safe college town with more than 100 bars, restaurants, and coffee shops around campus. If you’re interested in shopping, historical sightseeing, or the nightlife of South Africa’s most modern city, Cape Town is only a quick bus ride away. Also, the nicest beaches are a 20-minute drive.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Semester in South AFrica10/05/16
Studying abroad in South Africa was the best decision for me when going abroad. Being in historic Stellenbosch really offered a unique opportunity. The student life was great from good fun on the weekend to well developed and active clubs looking to help
international students get involved. CIS’s program helped me have amazing relationships with locals and other internationals. They also did a stellar job making sure that I was safe. The on site director Athena is an amazing resource and does a great job showing you things that no one else knows about. Overall I had no complaints and countless stories of my once in a lifetime experience.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend