- Gold Coast, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- The Gold Coast is one of Australia's fastest- growing cities, known for its beautiful beaches, sporting events, and outdoor activities. And, the city is located near some of Australia's most valued treasures, including the Great Barrier Reef, inland mountains, and tropical rainforests. As a CISabroad student, you’ll spend a semester studying abroad at Bond University, one of the most highly ranked and modern universities in Australia. The year-round tropical climate isn’t bad either! Bond University is unique among Australian universities in that its academic calendar aligns with the US university calendar. You will experience:
Small class sizes – The student to faculty ratio is 11:1. Amazing!
Cutting-edge courses – Bond University received 5 out of 5 stars in Australia’s Good Universities Guide for quality of teaching, making your decision to study on the Gold Coast one of the best for your degree. Courses use the newest technology, and professors think outside the box.
A surfer’s paradise – The Gold Coast has some of the best surfing in the world, and the weather is warm and sunny year-round.
Olympic-size pool and state-of-the-art gym on campus – The sports facilities on campus include these and more. You can even get a free consultation with a personal trainer.
CISabroad Adventure Orientation – This stellar orientation in Australia will acquaint you with the local culture and get you accustomed to the Aussie way of life.
Semester on the Gold Coast at Bond University offers two 14-week semesters, beginning in September, and January. You can easily find a semester that fits with your study abroad schedule. Bond has received Australia’s highest ratings for innovation, research, and academics (2010 Good Universities Guide).
If you've always wanted to study abroad in Australia, we've got a lot of reasons to study on our Semester on the Gold Coast program. Here are just a few of the key highlights that make this program unique: CISabroad Adventure Orientation Semesters begin in September, January, and May, similar to the US system Modern campus with all buildings located centrally Small student body of 4,000 students Innovative curriculum for when you study on the Gold Coast: courses in advertising, biomedical science, business, communication, criminology, psychology, information systems, international relations, law, multimedia, sports management, and more Meal plan available Shared dorm rooms: our students are placed in shared rooms (with attached bathroom) on campus, or in studio apartments off campus Extensive sports facilities on campus Small class size Ocean is 15 minutes away!
- Setting Description:
- The Gold Coast is a coastal city of Australia located in South East Queensland, 94km south of the state capital Brisbane. It is the second most populous city in the state, the sixth most popular city in the country. With its beautiful beaches and scenic hinterland, the Gold Coast is well-known by tourists as a great destination for its subtropical climate and awesome surfing! Brisbane, Queensland's capital and Australia's third largest city, is only 45 miles away. Transportation is readily available with the main train station located ten minutes from the campus, and various public buses are easily accessible to students. Frequent bus connections make it easy to get out and about in the city. This subtropical region offers mild (that is, nonexistent!) winters and warm, sunny summers. It’s a safe, friendly area for students. With 21 beaches to choose from and irresistible weather, you’ll never get bored here! Whether you’re looking for a quiet day by the shore, or a fun-filled surfing
- For current prices and dates please visit the CISabroad website.
Based on 2 Reviews
- A Semester in Paradise10/03/16
Education: The classes I took at Bond University were overall small in size, and taught by great instructors. If at any point I felt like I was falling behind, I could easily ask for help and it was given. Also, from my experience the professors were
all very accommodating of traveling contingent upon you expressing that you will make up the work you missed! Housing: Some of the best dorm style housing I have ever seen. I lived in the "accommodation center", in a double dorm (with one roommate and a full sized bathroom in the dorm). On a weekly basis the dorms have housekeeping that comes in to clean your room (wash the sheets, make the bed, clean the bathroom, etc.) One of the other great perks is that all the bedding and toiletries were already provided and restocked by the housekeeping, which made it super easy as a study abroad student already on a budget! Food: The dining hall features a menu that only changes slightly throughout the semester, and it is done on a pay per item basis (rather than a buffet style like those featured in schools within the US). This was one of the only challenges, as you have to budget pretty efficiently through balancing eating out and cooking meals in order to not run out of money by the end of the semester. However, there are several great restaurants in the downtown area that feature affordably priced food options and there are kitchens on every floor of the dorms. Safety: The safety in the both the school as well as Gold Coast as a city was great. I did not at any point feel unsafe, even when I would travel on the public transportation alone at night. Overview: I would 100% study abroad through this program again. CIS does a great job of integrating you into Australian culture from the minute you step off the plane. The excursions that we were taken on through the program added immensely into the overall experience, and the on site support for any questions or concerns was extremely prompt and helpful!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Once in a lifetime opportunity02/16/16
How did you make the most of your experience in your host city/culture? I made the most during my semester on the Gold Coast by taking the time to get to know the area, the culture, the people that live in the area, and explore as much of the country
as I possibly could. Why should the student reading this review choose this CISabroad program? CISabroad gave me the opportunity of a lifetime by accepting me into a program that gave me a once in a lifetime chance to explore a country that was my dream country to live to since I was little. I got to meet so many wonderful people, work with great staff members who work for CISabroad, meet great staff members within the University abroad, and so much more. How did this CISabroad program change your life? CISabroad gave me the most amazing semester of my undergraduate degree. I made life long friends, traveled all over the country that I was studying abroad while also traveling to other countries, and lasting memories all while getting the same education that I could get at my home University. The classes abroad were unique in my major that some of the classes that I took are never offered in any University in the United States. What are some decisions you made that made a positive impact on your overall experience? (e.g. local activities,excursions,homestay,classes, etc.) What did you gain from your CISabroad program? I gained more independence, more confidence, learned how to rely on myself, and so much more.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend