- Bangkok, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- On Semester in Thailand, you’ll live and study abroad in Salaya, with easy access to Bangkok, the heart of Indochina and the capital of Thailand, and study at Thailand’s top-ranked university. You will have limitless opportunities to immerse yourself in the local culture, make international friends, and explore beaches, jungles, and iconic sites throughout the country. You should start getting excited about:
World-famous beaches – Thailand is renowned for white-sand beaches so fine, the sand squeaks under your feet. Once you’ve visited Thailand’s coast, you’ll understand why the Leonardo DiCaprio film The Beach was shot there.
The legendary friendliness of the Thai people – Thailand is known as the “Land of Smiles” for a reason: the Thai people are warm, welcoming, and incredibly open-minded. In Thailand, a smile is the most appropriate reaction to almost every situation.
A wide range of courses taught in English – If you’re looking for a study abroad program with strong academics, you’ve come to the right place. CISabroad Semester in Thailand offers classes in everything from animation production to international business to travel industry management to the humanities. You will find coursework applicable to your major and satisfying to your intellect.
Life just outside of a contemporary, cosmopolitan city – Geographically, Bangkok is one of the largest cities in the world. The city is famous for its delicious cuisine, inexpensive shopping, and colorful nightlife. During Semester in Thailand, you will live in Salaya, an easy 40 minute commute from the heart of central Bangkok. A semester at Mahidol will leave you yearning for more time in Thailand.
A jumping-off point for destinations in Southeast Asia and beyond – Bangkok is situated in the heart of Indochina and shares borders with many wonderful, culturally rich countries. The international airport is a hub for all flights within Southeast Asia, and inexpensive tickets are readily available. When you find yourself with free time, be sure to explore other parts of Asia.
A robust social scene with cultural activities galore – The many student interest groups on campus offer numerous social and cultural activities. Dances, concerts, plays, and movies take place frequently throughout the semester. When you study abroad in Thailand you're sure to find art, cultural, political, religious, and athletics clubs are a great way to make friends from all over the world.
Trimester and quarter options available! - While this program awards a full semester of credit, it's also friendly for trimester and quarter academic calendars.
An amazing tropical climate – Bangkok and Salaya have a tropical climate with average temperatures in the mid-80s year-round. Need we say more?
Semester in Thailand takes place at Mahidol University, recently ranked as the number-one university in Thailand. Because all of your classes will have Thai students, it’s an amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in Thai culture. Courses are available in Business Administration, Fine and Applied Arts, Humanities and Language, Science, Social Science, and Travel Industry Management.
If you've ever wanted to study abroad in Thailand, then check out our Semester in Thailand program. Here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique. Study abroad in Salaya, just outside of Bangkok, at one of the most well regarded universities in Asia Take classes with Thai and international students Life in the Land of Smiles Songkran, a nationwide weeklong water fight celebrated in April! An abundance of white-sand beaches and clear, warm tropical water Opportunities to ride elephants, explore ancient ruins, and venture into the jungles Life in a cosmopolitan city with incredible cuisine, shopping, and nightlife A jumping-off point for travel destinations in Southeast Asia Incredible housing options One of the hottest tourist destinations in the world, with enough antiquities, palaces, and monuments to keep you busy for a lifetime.
- Setting Description:
- Semester in Thailand is based just outsie of Thailand’s capital city of Bangkok, which has a population of about 10 million. Bangkok has gained international renown as an independent, dynamic city synonymous with the exotic. It is a dominating force in Asian finance and business, and its far-reaching influence on politics, culture, fashion, and entertainment has earned it global-city status. The city’s wealth of cultural landmarks, attractions, and notorious entertainment venues has created a shroud of mystery around the entire country. Nearly 11 million foreign visitors flock to Bangkok each year to explore the Grand Palace, the Vimanmek Palaca Complex, and the thousands of temples strewn about the city, and to experience the amazing international cuisine, pulsing nightlife, and extraordinary energy. For transportation, Bangkok offers buses, trains, a skytrain, vans, taxis, tuk-tuks (a form of 3-wheeled cart with a motorcycle front end), motorcycle taxis, river ferries, and a subway
- For current prices and dates please visit the CISabroad website.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Semester in Thailand10/06/16
My semester in Thailand with CISabroad was an amazing experience. The university was larger than my home university, and I felt almost overwhelmed by the amount of opportunities available. The apartment we stayed in was run by a local family which was
a great way to meet new people and practice Thai. I loved Thailand for the food, people, culture, and location. For example, I was able to schedule my classes so that I had three day weekends which I could use to travel to nearby countries. CISabroad provided a great support network and were there for us at every step of the way. I suggest this program to anyone ready for new experiences.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend