Semester in Sydney at Macquarie University offers two 14-week semesters, beginning in July and February. The University has 4 faculties (colleges): the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Business and Economics, the Faculty of Human Science, and the Faculty o
- Sydney, Australia
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Journalism, Law, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Picture yourself spending the semester Down Under, in the largest city in Australia. As a Semester in Sydney student, you‘ll immerse yourself in all that Sydney has to offer while studying at Macquarie University. A wide variety of innovative classes and an activity-packed Student Union and Sports Association means you’ll find your fit. You will experience:
Dynamic international student body – With over 8,000 international students from 100 countries, you’ll make tons of friends from Australia as well as other international students.
Historic Sydney – Take a bike ride across the Harbor Bridge, walk in the botanical gardens, and watch the sun set behind the iconic Sydney Opera house.
Innovative curriculum – Macquarie University is well recognized for its high-quality teaching and research, and its unique parkland campus.
Exciting extracurricular options – From the Global Leadership Program (where you’ll hear interesting speakers and attend cultural workshops) to Ultimate Frisbee and touch footy, you’ll never want for something to do. These opportunities are perfect for meeting other students who will help you study in Sydney.
CISabroad Adventure Orientation – This stellar orientation in Australia will acquaint you with the local culture and get you accustomed to the Aussie way of life.
Semester in Sydney at Macquarie University offers two 14-week semesters, beginning in July and February. The University has 4 faculties (colleges): the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Business and Economics, the Faculty of Human Science, and the Faculty of Science. Within those, you can choose from over 70 academic areas. So long as you have the prerequisites, you can take pretty much any class you want.
There are many reasons to study abroad in Sydney, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique. CISabroad Adventure Orientation The University is set on a parkland campus with a Fauna Park (with a red kangaroo!) Exceptional academics, with programs in anthropology, business, earth sciences, education, linguistics, media studies, psychology, and so much more! Located on the Sydney subway line for easy access to the city center Ideally located for travel south to Melbourne or north to the Gold Coast and Brisbane Large, diverse student body of 32,000 Great extracurricular options, including the Global Leadership Program and the Study Abroad Certificate Program. More than 130 clubs and societies and over 15 sport clubs. Optional semester internship
- Setting Description:
- The gateway to Australia, Sydney is renowned as a dynamic and cosmopolitan city that combines culture, history, and beautiful scenery! Sydney is Australia’s largest and oldest city with a multicultural population of nearly 4 million. Its location along the south east coast of the Tasman Sea makes it one of the world’s most stunning harbors, fringed by easy-to-reach sandy beaches. Famous for its World Heritage-listed Sydney Opera House, Sydney is one of the world's favorite cities—some say it’s the greatest! The restaurant and café scene is enhanced by outstanding fresh, local produce and world-class wines. The sunny, moderate climate contributes to a relaxed lifestyle. Around Sydney are 5 major national parks with 8,000 square kilometers of open space. This includes the world’s second oldest, Royal National Park. Sydney has a reputation as an international center for commerce, arts, fashion, culture, entertainment, music, education and tourism. It has been the site of many world event
- For current prices and dates please visit the CISabroad website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program