- Newcastle, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Study abroad in an idyllic, beachside Australian city! On our Semester in Newcastle Program, you’ll get to study at an excellent university with a stunning, ecologically sustainable campus and experience the true Aussie lifestyle. The city of Newcastle boasts wonderful beaches for surfing and swimming, a low cost of living, a very favorable climate, and a casual lifestyle. The University of Newcastle is recognized internationally for both its academic excellence and its stunning, ecologically sustainable campus. On Semester in Newcastle, you’ll get:
Low-cost program in a laid-back city - Our Semester in Newcastle is one of the most affordable study abroad programs in Australia, and Newcastle boasts a casual lifestyle.
Stunning bushland campus – Imagine walking to class on a cobblestone path that winds through lush low-growth forest, or past beautiful gardens with exotic flora and fauna. That barely scratches the surface of what makes the campus in Newcastle unique.
A true Australian University – Through the University’s active student union and numerous social and sports clubs, you’ll meet tons of Aussie and international students and get right into the groove of a true Australian education experience.
Breadth of academics – From Digital Arts and Alchemy to Water Engineering and Australian Flora, you’ll find not only the expected courses in your major but also some you wouldn’t find anywhere else.
CISabroad Adventure Orientation – This stellar orientation in Australia will acquaint you with the local culture and get you accustomed to the Aussie way of life.
Semester in Newcastle offers two 14-week semesters, starting in July and February. The University of Newcastle is well known for academic excellence and innovative teaching, and you’ll find almost anything you’re looking for, whether you want to stay within your major or branch out and take some courses unique to Australia.
If you've always wanted to study abroad in Australia, we've got a lot of reasons to study in Newcastle with our study abroad program. Here are just a few of the key highlights that make this program unique: CISabroad Adventure Orientation Lower cost of living than most other Australian cities = more money for travel 6,000 international students from more than 80 countries Great location: 20 minutes to the beach, 2.5 hours to Sydney The University is ranked in the top 100 Universities in the world for engineering/technology and computer sciences Real ease of meeting local Australian students Both on- and off-campus housing options Extensive sports facilities on campus
- Setting Description:
- A lively port city on a breathtaking stretch of Australia's coastline, Newcastle boasts wonderful beaches for surfing and swimming, a low cost of living, a very favorable climate, and a casual lifestyle—and it's only 2.5 hours from Sydney. It is located in New South Whales, Newcastle is the largest coal exporting harbor in the world. With a population of 350,000, Newcastle offers all the usual city comforts, such as restaurants, cafés, parks and gardens, theaters, art galleries, shopping centers, and nightclubs, while retaining the charms of a smaller beach community. Lonely Planet named Newcastle a Top Ten city in the World in “Best in Travel Guide” in 2011. It is a city full of heritage that is known for its relaxed coastal lifestyle with a blend of imagination, sophistication and culture. Many walks of life call Newcastle home, including artists, sports champions, entertainers, musicians, authors and researchers. The University of Newcastle offers a great study environment – it has
- For current prices and dates please visit the CISabroad website.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Semester in Newcastle was AMAZING!02/17/15
Choosing to study abroad in Newcastle was the best decision I have ever made. The school is conveniently located by the beautiful Australian coast and I got to travel all over the country during my time there. I loved living in Newcastle so much that
I decided to stay one more semester! It became a home to me, and I eventually plan on going back there to visit all of my amazing Australian friends that I made there. CISabroad was a great company to work with and were there very step of the way. I recommend going through this company because they helped make my experience a great one. Every penny I spent was worth it while living abroad in Newcastle. Australia is one of the most beautiful places in the world, and I strongly recommend going!!!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend