- Dublin, Ireland; Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Celtic Culture is perfect for first-time international travelers, culture and film buffs, and students who want to get ahead academically over the summer while exploring historic locations. On this study-travel program, you’ll enjoy a blend of site visits, excursions, and cultural activities. During this two-week program, you’ll see the majestic Aran Islands, tour Dublin, and travel through bustling Scottish streets.
- Setting Description:
- Dublin, as the capital of Ireland, boasts a more international and bustling atmosphere than Galway. Even still, Dublin often feels like a small town with a big heart. The city is also becoming a cultural center of Europe, and economic prosperity has attracted people from across the globe. Young people have flocked to the city, and half of the population of “Dubs” is under 30 years old. Despite the city's newfound multiculturalism, you'll still find the quintessential Irish experience you're seeking. Edinburgh is a quirky mix of historic meets modern. Life is booming here in Scotland, which means you'll walk along cobblestone streets and gaze upon cutting-edge, modern architecture. You'll step into a wifi hotspot with the Edinburgh Castle as your backdrop. The city is also making waves for its commitment to "green" and sustainable practices. You'll never be far from Edinburgh's expansive parks and craggy cliffs, where you can take in amazing views.
- Please visit our website for price and dates details.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website for current offers.
Based on 1 Reviews
- A true cultural immersion10/01/18
Through my time in Ireland and Scotland via CISAbroad, I had the time of my life. Although the trip was short, I was able to do so many activities and see so many parts of the countries due to the scheduling of CIS. There always seemed to be an activity
planned to get us around, and even if there was not, our site directors and professor gave fantastic suggestions. The course work also helped in understand the culture, both pre-arrival and while abroad. The professor did a fantastic job in teaching the material while also making it fun and interactive. Most of all, however, it was the people I met abroad that made the trip. CIS organized the trip in a way that you could truly connect with others and di not have to go in blind even if you were traveling alone. CIS promoted a friendly environment that made the trip that much more enjoyable. Overall, I could not have picked a better company to study abroad with, as everything was safe and easy. I would definitely recommend going, and I will certainly consider going again.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend