- Stirling, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Summer in Scotland is a unique opportunity to spend either four or eight weeks living and immersing yourself in a historic Scottish town, while earning up to twelve U.S. credits in the process. Take a trip through time as you stroll the narrow, cobblestone streets of the town of Stirling. During this summer abroad, you’ll reap the benefits of top-notch academics and distinguished faculty at the respected University of Stirling. Choose courses in Scottish culture, history, politics, religious studies, business, and media and film studies. You’ll gain an in-depth knowledge of this fascinating country through coursework and related field trips. For even more hands-on experience and to boost your résumé, take an internship module.
- Setting Description:
- Known as the Gateway to the Highlands, Stirling sits just south of the Scottish Highlands. It is an ancient fortress city with a long and colorful history. William Wallace (aka Braveheart), Scotland's national hero, famously defeated the English here at the Battle of Stirling Bridge. With a population of 35,000, Stirling offers all you could want in a city—theater, pubs, restaurants, clubs—in a small, safe environment.
- Please visit our website for price and dates details.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website for current offers.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Internationally addicted09/15/12
The program was well worth the money. They take you to all the major cities and let you explore for the day every Thursday. The farewell ceilidhs are so much fun and you get to learn traditional dances. Though Stirling is smaller than most unis, the experiences
are still there. Take every opportunity you can and don't hold back. If you drink, alcohol is much cheaper than in the bigger cities. Everything closes much earlier than in the states, so plan your trips to town carefully. Don't be afraid to ask for help with the bus routes. Sportsters and messy bombs are highly recommended. The mattresses are awful, bring an extra blanket or two to help cushion it. Utilize Stirling Direct for airport transportation. ISS is great overall and Stirling offers much in the way of neat places to go and see. Bring your camera with you everywhere. And I mean everywhere starting day one.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend