- Stirling, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
With its around-the-clock buzz of activity, Edinburgh is an ideal study abroad location for any student. On Semester in Edinburgh, you’ll have easy access to all Edinburgh has to offer while studying at Edinburgh Napier University, located in the heart of the old city. The city of Edinburgh is truly amazing, combining medieval Old Town, neoclassical New Town, and award-winning modern architecture. Here, you’ll experience: Friends from across the globe – You’ll be living, studying, and socializing with international students from Scotland and 100-plus other countries! History and modernity all in one – Imagine taking classes in 500-year-old buildings in the morning and state-of-the-art facilities in the afternoon. A top-ranked new UK University – “Only” 40 years old (young by European standards), Edinburgh Napier University was ranked one of the top 2 new universities in the UK! Vast course selections – With courses ranging across hard sciences, health sciences, engineering, business, and more, you’ll reap the benefits of studying in one of Scotland’s largest universities.
Semester in Edinburgh at Edinburgh Napier University offers courses in 3 faculties: Health, Life, and Social Sciences; Engineering, Computing, and Creative Industries; and the Business School. These courses are open to all students, including study abroad students. The academic year is divided into 2 semesters, autumn and spring, and you will receive about 15–16 US credits per semester.
There are many reasons to study abroad in Scotland on our Semester in Edinburgh program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique. Centrally located in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Stunning campuses with buildings dating from the 16th to the 21st centuries. Mid-size student body, with international students from over 100 countries Diversity of courses offered in Health, Life and Social Sciences, Engineering, Computing and Creative Industries, and the Business School. Single room in a shared flat. Kitchen facilities in all housing, so you can cook for yourself—which means more money for travel. Vibrant campus life with numerous sports, club, and volunteer opportunities. Travel, travel, travel! Edinburgh is centrally located in the UK, with air, train, and bus travel close at hand.
- Setting Description:
- Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe! You’ll be walking along cobblestone streets and then suddenly happen upon cutting-edge modern architecture. Edinburgh is also a surprisingly green city. Even in its heart, you are never far from open spaces where you can take in amazing views, have a picnic, or just relax and enjoy the great outdoors. And when the sun goes down, countless pubs and clubs come to life. There’s always something going on in Edinburgh. The International Science Festival, the Film Festival, the Jazz and Blues Festival, the Festival Fringe, the International Book festival . . . You’ll be spoiled for choice. Add to this a diverse range of attractions from Our Dynamic Earth to Edinburgh Castle to the Camera Obscura to The Royal Yacht Britannia. Stay in the city, take in a festival, and visit the Royal Museum, or hop on a bus to Glasgow or the Scottish Highlands. Needless to say, you’ll never want for things to do.
- For current prices and dates please visit the CISabroad website.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Keeping the Mental Mindset of "Why Not?"10/13/17
Edinburgh was the most incredible experience I have ever had in my life. It was also the hardest goodbye I have ever had in my life. So many firsts came from this experience, and I met incredible, open-minded people whose energy hyped up the entire
experience because we were living every day like it was our last. There are no words to sum up the entire semester, only a feeling that hits me so hard when I hear a word, a phrase, a Scottish accent, or even from seeing pictures, all the memories come flying back and it is like I am back in the most magical place I have ever lived in. We never said "no" to any opportunity that presented itself because we knew our time would end. I felt so accomplished and excited for everyday to find out what new things I would come across, or learn. I have no regrets from my semester abroad, and it is an experience I will never forget. I will be back.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE01/12/15
Scotland is by far one of the most underrated countries to study abroad in. Edinburgh was an amazing city to live, not quite as big as London it doesn't have the big city feel but it has all the big city charm. With some of the most beautiful scenery
in the world I really don't understand why more people aren't exploring this wonderful country. CIS has an amazing program available. They were invaluable from the start. The school that they work with in Edinburgh is Edinburgh Napier University and it has three campuses across Edinburgh. So just going to class is an adventure. My favorite thing to do was just pick a direction and start walking and to see where my feet took me. I loved getting lost in this city. And I am so thankful to CIS for making it so easy to fall in love with this city and not worry about the trivial things. CIS was amazing and I am so happy I chose them as my study abroad program.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend