- Sorrento, Italy; Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Explore the history, culture, and languages of Spain and Italy while you see what cultural elements tie this region together and yet make it so diverse. You’ll hit the ground running with these eight weeks filled with cultural and social activities to allow you to fully experience the true Barcelona and Sorrento. From cooking classes and day trips to neighborhood tours and tasting the best gelato, all five senses will be overwhelmed in the best possible way!
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona enjoys a bit of Roman heritage, most evident in its languages (both "Castilian" Spanish and Catalan) and architecture. A large and vibrant metropolis with a rich and alluring culture, Barcelona is anything but a sleepy seaside city. Tourists and locals alike adore the social and artistic buzz that permeates Barcelona - in its plentiful plazas, boardwalks, distinct neighborhoods, funky architecture, and pristine beaches. The second-largest city in Spain, Barcelona is unique in that it blends the bustling nature of a large city with an emphasis on the "life" side of "work-life" balance (the beaches probably don't hurt in that regard...) The gateway to the Amalfi Coast, the town of Sorrento is easily described as a paradise by the sea. From Sorrento, you can catch the train to Rome, take a ferry to the islands of Capri and Ischia, or reach Naples 20 miles away. This famous, quaint city in Campania is a popular tourist destination, but don't let that fool you.
- Please visit our website for price and dates.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website for current offers.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program