- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 7-11 months
- Teach Abroad:
- Placement Audience:
- 6-12 years old, 12-15 years old
- Program Description:
Teach in the Czech Republic with CIEE and experience a side of this beautiful country that is rarely seen by tourists. You'll become part of a community on the outskirts of Prague, working as an English language assistant in a primary or secondary school, all while learning about Czech culture and language. Host schools encourage language assistants to participate in cultural and athletic activities outside of the classroom. You might even be invited to join your students on school ski trips in the winter!
You'll teach English as a lead teacher or language assistant at a primary school to students ages 6-15. As a lead teacher, you will create diverse lessons to help your students learn how to read, speak, and write in English. You will be responsible for grading your students and running your classroom.
- Job placement at a public primary or secondary school
- Czech national health insurance
- CIEE’s 150-hour TEFL certification course
- iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services
- Five-day orientation in Prague
- Temporary housing during orientation
- Assistance arranging transportation to your assignment
- Cultural and professional development activities
- Setting Description:
- CIEE participants are placed mostly in small towns in the rolling hills of the Bohemian region surrounding Prague. Most placement locations are connected to Prague by commuter rail or bus, so teachers and language assistants can enjoy the cultural offerings of this grand European city.
- $2,700 USD. Our program in the Czech Republic includes CIEE’s online TEFL certification, orientation on arrival, and a high level of support throughout your experience. To cover those costs, there is a program fee of $2,700. Once we accept your application, there is a $1,000 deposit to reserve your spot and start your TEFL training. The second and final payment ($1,700) is due a few months later after you accept a job offer from a Czech school.
Additional Program Information
- Native English speaker A bachelor’s degree in any field by mid-May 2020 Citizenship in the United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, or the United Kingdom TEFL/TESOL certificate (included in CIEE program fee)
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program