- Seoul, Korea
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 1 year
- Teach Abroad:
- Certification, Placement
- Placement Audience:
- 0-6 years old, 6-12 years old, 12-15 years old
- Program Description:
South Korea offers you the opportunity to gain teaching experience and see the world while earning a competitive salary and enjoying rent-free housing. This is a great choice for someone getting ready for a teaching career, or someone who wants to work abroad while paying off student loans, for example. Placements are available in major urban areas throughout Korea, including greater Seoul!
CIEE's Teach Abroad program will get you ready with our 150 hour TEFL Certification and Teacher Preparation course, as well as assistance with applications and job interviews. Before you go, you'll discuss cultural considerations as well as practicalities so you know what to expect, and you'll have a safety net of support from our in-country team.
You will earn at least 2,100,000-2,400,000 won (approx. $1,700-1,900)/month and receive rent-free housing from your school. You’ll have a small deduction each month for Korean taxes, but you’ll be enrolled in Korea’s National Health Insurance which delivers excellent care at very low prices. There’s also a contract completion bonus equal to one month’s salary at the end of your program.
- Job placement
- Enrollment in a CIEE 150-hour TEFL certification course
- Pre-departure assistance – including visa assistance
- One year of iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services
- Orientation weekend in Seoul
- Airport pickup and transport to your assignment on arrival
- Setting Description:
- CIEE places English teachers at two types of schools in South Korea: Public and Private. Most Korean students attend both types of schools to help them meet high expectations for educational achievement. Participants are placed in cities and suburban areas throughout South Korea. Teaching assignments are available in the Seoul metropolitan area, but they are often more competitive and are not always available to inexperienced teachers.
- $1,950 USD. Our program in South Korea includes CIEE’s online TEFL certification, orientation in Seoul, and a high level of support throughout your experience (see all features below). To cover those costs, there is a program fee of $1,950. Once we accept your application, there is a $1,000 deposit to reserve your spot and start your TEFL training. The second and final payment ($950) is due a few months later after you accept a job offer from a Korean school.
Additional Program Information
- Native English speaker A bachelor’s degree in any field Citizenship in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, or the United Kingdom A commitment to 12 months of employment TEFL certification is required for public schools and strongly recommended for private schools (CIEE’s 150-hour TEFL certification course is included in the Teach in South Korea program fee) Applications must be 52 years of age or younger in order to receive a work visa
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program