- Tokyo, Japan
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Become fluent in Japanese as you live and study in the heart of this unique and lively Asian culture.
A land of four main islands (and more than 6,000 smaller ones), Japan has many common denominators: noodle stands on nearly every corner (ramen or udon — take your pick!), top-notch public transportation, and super-friendly people who are polite and eager to help others — foreigners included. Five days a week, you’ll experience life at a public or private high school, in classes taught solely in Japanese. Fully immersed in teen life, lingo, and both traditional and pop culture, you’ll make huge strides in language proficiency before you know it. On weekends, enjoy the company of your host family! Spend time playing games, eating delicious home-cooked food, or visiting local shrines and temples.
- Program fee includes international airfare and iNext travel insurance. Full inclusions are found on our website.
Additional Program Information
- At the time of departure, students must: -Be between the ages of 15 and 18 years old -Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and be in good academic standing -Have at least 6 months of Japanese language study -Must be able to pass a written test and oral interview -Be in excellent health -Demonstrate, through the application process, their flexibility, maturity, adaptability, and readiness to face the challenges of living in a new culture -Be in excellent health
- Scholarships Description:
- Hundreds of students a year benefit from CIEE's variety of scholarships and grants. We are dedicated to helping students who need assistance take your studies out of the classroom and into the world! Check out our GAIN travel grants, Gilman GoGlobal, and
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program