Interdisciplinary course of study designed to train students seeking global careers
- Walnut Creek, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- International Relations
- Program Description:
- The MA in International Studies is a two-year, full-time, interdisciplinary course of study designed for students that want to pursue global careers with the U.S. Foreign Service, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), the United Nations (UN), or businesses. Students in the cohort based program have the option of choosing an emphasis in either Political Economy and Sustainable Development, or Latin America. During the required international internship, students will be immersed in culture and real world work overseas, providing them with the language and professional skills necessary to succeed in the global marketplace.
Additional Program Information
- Chapman University is accredited by and is a member of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Financial Aid:
- Admission to the Program and Prerequisites: The priority deadline for Fall 2014 admission into the M.A. in International Studies program is April 1, 2014. To be considered for fellowship awards, applications and all supporting documents must be received by December 15, 2013. To be considered for admission, applicants must submit the following: •Application to the Master of Arts in International Studies program •Official degree-granting transcripts from all undergraduate and postgraduate degree granting institutions attended. •Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required. Suggested minimum scores are Verbal: 154; Quantitative:147; Analytical Writing: 4.0. •Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic source, which describes your professional and academic abilities •A 1,000-word essay addressing your background and interest in the field of international studies •Resume
- International Requirements:
- Global education is central to a Chapman University education. At Chapman, you will receive a personalized education that will not only help you adjust to the American educational system, but will also prepare you to take your place as a productive global citizen. Students come to Chapman from all 50 states, each U.S. territory and 63 countries, including Brazil, Canada, China, India, Germany, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam and the United Kingdom. International students seek out Chapman because of our location in sunny Southern California, but they also come for the incredible opportunities, including international internships, undergraduate research, study abroad programs, student activities and leadership development. Applicants must achieve a minimum score of: • TOEFL: 550 (PBT) or 80 (iBT) • IELTS: 6.5 For more information, contact [email protected] or 1.714.997.6711.