The course is divided into 2 parts. FIRST PART - 1 term part-time training with the company Here students take class with Chantry Dance Company's professional company during their touring season, as well as observe rehearsals. This provides a unique and
- Grantham, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year
- Program Description:
- Chantry Dance Company is a professional theatrical dance company based in the UK.
CDC's Pre-Professional Foundation Course for students of 16+ who are considering a career in dance or performing arts. The course has been designed to offer a unique opportunity to:
* experience professional life by training alongside a working UK dance company, and gain work experience to boost your dance career progression,
* participate in intensive, studio-focussed learning.
The course is divided into 2 parts. FIRST PART - 1 term part-time training with the company Here students take class with Chantry Dance Company's professional company during their touring season, as well as observe rehearsals. This provides a unique and vital experience of what life is like within a professional company, whilst gradually building stamina and developing technique. It also provides vital work experience which will boost the students' career progression. SECOND PART - 2 terms full-time studio-foccussed training Here students engage in studio-based work independent of the company. The sole focus is the students’ technical, artistic and personal developement as dancers. Classes include: Ballet - Jazz - Contemporary - Singing - Acting - Musical Theatre -Acrobatics - Improvisation - Audition Practice - Anatomy - Nutrition - Choreography - Commercial Jazz - Tap Individual Tutorials and Career Guidance is also given. All tutors are from Chantry Dance Company or industry professionals. The course is designed to bridge the gap between recreational level dance school training and full-time vocational training or professional work. It is suitable for recreational-level dance school students of 16+, or for students who may have already completed some form of higher-level dance education but are looking for further training to develop their practical skills and work experience.
- Setting Description:
- The curriculum is broad-based, covering all major dance techniques, as well as acting, singing and other areas of industry knowledge. This provides a foundation for many aspects of the performing arts industry, and is suitable for students who are looking to make a career in sectors such as: Contemporary Dance, Commercial Performance, Musical Theatre. The course is located in Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK. A beautiful market town in the East Midlands with low cost of living.
- £4000 for 1 year. The fee can be paid in 3 termly instalments, or monthly.