- Kos, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- MayMester Intersession, Summer
- Program Description:
Study Medical History at Hippocrates' Island of Kos, in Greece!
The International Hippocratic Foundation of Kos invites students to participate in a two-week Interactive Medical History course. This is a 40-hour course that runs under the auspice of the University of Athens, Medical School, and taught by experts (medical doctors and professors).
Participants will also have the opportunity to familiarize with the history, evolution, and culinary aspects of the Mediterranean lifestyle, through visits to archaeological sites and interactive educational group workshops. Participants will also have the chance to explore the island of Kos and the surrounding islands as part of the program.
Program dates for 2018:
Program A: May 13th till May 26th
Program B: May 27th till June 10th
Program C: August 27th till September 9th
Price includes accommodation, some meals, activities, travel insurance, and much more.
- Setting Description:
- One of the most popular destinations in Greece, Kos island is located on the south eastern side of the Aegean Sea. This is a place with both tourist and secluded spots. Kos is the birthplace of Hippocrates «the Father of Medicine» (460-377 B.C) and was already inhabited during Neolithic Period (5th – 4th millennium B.C). The Knights of St. John conquered the island during the 14th century A.D., reinforcing the older castles and building new fortifications that still stand up to today. The center of the city includes in a small area monuments from ancient Greece, Romans, Ottomans, Venetian Castles and 1930’s Italian Architecture buildings; a truly unique experience. The endless coasts with the turquoise waters, the vegetation, the affluent water springs, the ancient and medieval monuments, as well as the impressive Italian buildings feature at Kos Island.
- 2500 USD. The program cost includes: The tuition (lectures, educational material and educational activities) Accommodation for the duration of the program Seven meals (lunch or dinner), either during orientation, seminar days or on the excursions The cost of two excursions (transportation, museum tickets, meal) Transportation to and from the lecture site and from the Airport International standard travel insurance The admissions/operations team, local English peaking coordinat
Additional Program Information
- There are no requirements for qualifications, just bring your excitement and we will make sure this is a life changing experience! At the end you will get a certificate of attendance.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please have in mind that for every friend that you bring to sign in for our program there is a $100 USD discount for your fees :)