- Ohrid, Macedonia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Apply now for the CIFE Summer University Programme in Ohrid, Macedonia, from the 10th to the 16th of September 2018.
Would you like to spend one week in the Balkans this summer?
Are you interested to learn about the Environment and Economic Development of this region in a European and international setting? Do you want to understand the current Balkans' economical and environmental issues?
We give you the amazing opportunity to live and discuss all this while bonding with interesting people coming from all over the world!
For the first time, the CIFE organises a summer pprogramme with its partner the University of St Kliment Ohridski. This one-week session aims at giving international students a better understanding of the region with insightful notions in terms of touristic/economic developpement. First, the region will be introduced in terms of history, conflict and cooperation. Then, the courses original approach will link the economic development of the region with local and sustainable development issues. Finally, they will learn about the balance of power between Macedonia, NATO and the Russian influence in terms of energy market and its environmental prospects.
Throughout the week you will discuss some of the following topics :
- Relationship between environment and economic growth
- Conflicts and cooperation in the Balkans area
- The NATO in the Balkans and in Macedonia : geopolitics and power of balance
- Implications of tourism and International organization : what contribution to economic growth and sustainable development ?
- The environment and the European Convention on Human Rights
- Controlling the Healthiness of natural habitats
- The EU energy policy for sustainable development
Apply via our Website
- Setting Description:
- The summer programme is located in: Ohrid - Macedonia. Ohrid is one of only 28 sites that are part of UNESCO's World Heritage that are Cultural as well as Natural sites, and it is also one of the preferred city in the region for its sun, its relaxing atmosphere and of course its opening onto the famous Lake Ohrid. This incredible lake straddles the mountainous border between southwestern Macedonia and eastern Albania. It is one of Europe's deepest and oldest lakes, preserving a unique aquatic ecosystem that is of worldwide importance, with more than 200 endemic species.
- 450 EUR. This amount (450 Euros) applies to participants who are able to justify their status of student. It covers: accommodation, courses, breakfasts, working lunches, visits/excursions. For those who are not students, please contact us for more information regarding the fees.
Additional Program Information
- Working language: English This one week long course is designed for academic students, but graduates and young professionals are welcome to apply as well.
- Scholarships Description:
- A limited number of scholarships is available for particularly qualified candidates.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program