The primary focus of this workshop is ICT applications in water management and water security. It will cover a number of technologies including remote sensing, geospatial technologies, data publishing, and decision-support systems, among others. In partic
- Budapest, Hungary
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- This workshop aims at bridging the gap between environmental / public policy professionals and cutting-edge technologies and their practical application by bringing ICT developers and experts (e.g. the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs and Esri) into the classroom and arranging their direct communication with decision-making groups. An UNOOSA representative will be conducting a day-long workshop on remote sensing applications in environmental monitoring and natural resource management and an Esri representative will be conducting an additional day-long workshop on the potential application of Esri products in water management. In addition, the workshop will be featuring an array of faculty from leading UN agencies and global institutions, including representatives from the the UNECE Water Convention Secretariat and the Black Sea Commission, among others.
The primary focus of this workshop is ICT applications in water management and water security. It will cover a number of technologies including remote sensing, geospatial technologies, data publishing, and decision-support systems, among others. In particular, the role of satellite-based earth monitoring and remote sensing for environmental studies and management will be discussed, highlighting their potential and limitations. In addition, a series of recently completed and ongoing research projects in the field of geospatial-based decision-making will be presented first-hand by practitioners and discussed. The workshop will contribute to disseminating recent research results and raising awareness about potential ICT benefits.
- Setting Description:
- Central European University in Budapest, Hungary
- 300 EUR. Fellowships available for exceptional candidates.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- In pursuit of our mission, we strive to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world. This is why we offer generous scholarships available to students from any country.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program