- Budapest, Hungary
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- Integrity is a concept that requires the alignment of competence, accountability, corruption control, and core values. Experience suggests that only a multipronged strategy to improve integrity standards will overcome the problems posed by poor governance and corruption.
The course will include intensive Policy Labs devoted to the in-depth analysis of some of these issues that will allow for further specialization and expert discussion in a small group format:
1. Integrity Education: Teaching Integrity and Improving the Integrity of Higher Education
2. SME’s and Social Enterprises - Doing Business with Integrity in Emerging Markets
Raising integrity standards is increasingly recognised as an effective tool to foster development and strengthen legitimate democratic governance. This course, held for the seventh year, meets a need for critical and strategic approaches to successfully reform institutions to improve levels of governance and integrity. Organisational integrity here refers in large measure to internal processes of control and value-driven reform. This course is aimed at managers, internal control specialists (e.g. investigators, compliance officers, inspectors, etc.) as well as civil society representatives. It will also be open to academics interested in offering similar courses at their own universities.
Drawing on interdisciplinary academic perspectives and lessons learned from practice, this course represents one of the few targeted, applied and yet conceptually grounded efforts currently available internationally for the analysis of corruption and anti-corruption.
The course in 2012 selected 45 participants from 25 different countries.Such an international profile is unusual in the sense that very few other universities can claim to have such a diverse student body with no particular national predominance.Participants have the privilege to work with leading experts of the field/s from various universities and organizations as well as like-minded peers including academics and practitioners. During the summer school everyone particularly enjoys the exposure to the immense diversity of countries, disciplines, views, and perspectives. Discussions are encouraged and conducted in an atmosphere of tolerance and intellectual curiosity.
- Setting Description:
- Central European University is a US-style, internationally recognized institution of post-graduate education in the social sciences and humanities, located in the capital city of Hungary, Budapest. The program provides the opportunity to live and study in one of Europe's most exciting cities, from which many other Central European capitals (Vienna, Prague) are easily explored on weekend trips.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- In pursuit of our mission, we strive to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world. This is why we offer generous scholarships available to students from any country.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program