- Tunis, Tunisia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Center Sidi Bou Said for Languages is a private language school in Tunisia specialized in teaching Arabic language and culture. We offer courses year-round for every level of student.
Arabic for Specific Purposes including Business, Economic, International Affairs,Media Arabic, Arabic for Diplomatic Purposes
Our program is accredited by institutions in the United States. If you need assistance coordinating with your university for credit please contact us.
- Setting Description:
- Sidi Bou Said is a cozy sea-side suburb about 20 kilometers outside of the capital of Tunis. It is easily accesible by TGM or a taxi. Located a short distance from the capital, it is one Tunis’ most picturesque suburb and is famous for its whitewashed buildings and blue doors reminiscent of Greece’s Santorini.
- Summer Session I (June 4 - July 6)- $2,000 Summer Session II (July 16 - August 17) - $2,000 Both Sessions: $3,700 Monthly Programs: $1,800 Semester or Term Programs: $2,460 *Price includes housing, instruction, educational materials, transportation to and from the airport, cultural excursions and activities
Based on 3 Reviews
- Center Sidi Bou Said For Languages.07/31/15
This was by far the best learning experience I have ever had abroad. The faculty and the teachers were very helpful and always there for me. I participated in the summer program and the staff was always there whenever I needed. We had cultural excursions
that were really fun.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Do Not Attend01/31/15
I studied at Sidi Bou Said Language Center and it was by far one of the worst study abroad experiences I have had. I highly recommend finding a private tutor if you choose to study in Tunisia. There are several good schools in the city center, but less
in Sidi Bou Said area. It is way over priced and the director make several students feel inadequate because of the verbal comments he makes during the entire program. My recommendation would be to study in Egypt or Jordan where there is an industry for Arabic language study.read moreBottom Line:No, I would not recommend this to a friend
- Arabic Language School01/03/15
I was part of the Summer program in Center Sidi Bou Said for Languages and I must say that this experience was very unique. The program included us visiting many famous areas in all parts of the country My teachers helped me learn the language easily.
They made everything look easy and it was. I would recommend giving this school a try because I am sure nobody would regret it. -Amazing experience.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend