- Belize City, Belize; Belmopan, Belize; San Ignacio, Belize; Dangriga, Belize; Toledo, Belize
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
CELA Belize offers intensive field courses, creating powerful learning experiences during the summer and winter break. The summer session runs in 2 week sections from mid-May to early July. Students may take two or three courses for 3 credit hours each. The winter session starts with arrivals on December 26 for the two weeks. Studying abroad gives students field experiences to add to their CVs when applying for jobs or pursuing higher degrees. Animal science (pre-vet), global/public health, traditional medicine, marine biology, indigenous studies, tropical ecology, international human rights and food studies are great courses to take in tropical Belize. 3 hour credits can be transferred to home institutions with prior approval.
Our intensive field courses deliver hands-on experiences which are very unique for a variety of disciplines. Belize has a wonderful array of bio- and cultural diversity, creating experiential learning every day for the adventurous student. Classes are small so each student interacts with the people, animals and the environment in this small, tropical country. Classes are taught in the jungle, villages, towns and islands of Belize.
Our internships, from 4 - 16 weeks, put students with Belizean families in home stays, and the places them in a variety of organizations which best meet their academic needs. This is a rich learning experience for a longer period of time.
Request more information or apply online on our website.
- Setting Description:
- English speaking,neo-tropical Belize Amazing cultural and bio-diversity Explore Maya ruins and sacred caves Kayak or canoe in a variety of rivers Visit the outlying islands and barrier reef for snorkeling and SCUBA diving Meet indigenous peoples and learn their histories and challenges Friendly people speaking a variety of languages and dialects
- $2,825 one course, 3 credit hours, summer $4,995 two courses, 6 credit hours summer $2,995, one course , 3 credit hours winter USD. $2,825 summer one course, 3 credit hours $4,995 summer two courses, 6 credit hours $2,995 winter one course, 3 credit hours airfare and medical insurance is not included
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- APVMA scholarship for pre-vet members Scholarship for American Anthropological Association members Scholarship for students who are members of the American Medical Students Association See website for more details
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program