Ceiba semester students stay current with home-school curricular requirements through rigorous, flexible, collaborative online curriculum. We work directly with schools to identify the best online options for students, teachers, and administration. We als
- Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-2 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months
- Program Description:
- Ceiba students develop identities as global citizens through community service, 21st-century online curriculum, and deep cultural and language immersion; growing the reflective confidence to engage all kinds of communities with respect, patience, and an open mind. In addition are the exciting adventure learning trips around Guatemala, from ancient Maya through the present day. Ceiba affects at every level and our small groups of students ensure that your experience is personal and lifelong.
Ceiba semester students stay current with home-school curricular requirements through rigorous, flexible, collaborative online curriculum. We work directly with schools to identify the best online options for students, teachers, and administration. We also engage in a global studies curriculum that ties back to a student’s chosen community service project, and a unique Spanish curriculum that highlights the language needed to live like a local.
Ceiba is founded in lifelong learning and developing those skills and competencies that are most sought by universities and companies in their future leaders. Conscientious community service, global appreciation, 21st-century collaborative skills, cultural communication, and online competency; Ceiba is a comprehensive experience in all these for High School/Secondary students that engages the whole person in true critical and creative thinking. As a nonprofit organization, we believe that the value is in the tremendous developmental opportunities for all students and our focus is always on the absolute quality of your experience.
- Setting Description:
- La Antigua Guatemala was the country’s capital before Guatemala City. It is protected as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is proud of its traditions of rich indigenous and colonial customs. Antigua is a safe, metropolitan town of 30,000 residents, aking for a wonderful mix of cultures. The stunning physical beauty of Antigua, nestled in a valley amongst three volcanoes, only complements the incredible kindness, generosity, and caring of this fantastic community.
- The High School program is $9,750 and scholarships are available. Included are: all meals prepared by our own cook; accommodation in our private student house; all community service placements; all online learning costs and materials; all extracurriculars and Ceiba trips around Guatemala; personal cell phone with free network calls; Spanish language instruction; private transportation in a Ceiba’s van; and comprehensive medical insurance.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program