- Shanghai, China
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Study abroad in Shanghai and experience life in a city that's shaping the global economic scene. As China's largest city, major port town, and "Gateway to the West," Shanghai is a rapidly growing metropolis that many young Chinese consider a golden land of opportunity. Shanghai may be all modern on the outside, but the city's ancient past is tucked just under its iconic, modern skyline; just explore its many parks, canals, and bridges to catch a glimpse of Shanghai's rich history. Take classes at the CEA Shanghai Center and our partner institutions, East China Normal University and Shanghai Normal University. Immerse yourself in local student life as you take classes alongside Chinese and other international students, while honing your Mandarin skills, taking business courses, ro studying East Asian Studies, Global Studies, or Communications (Offered in conjunction with the University of Arizona). No matter where your academic, personal, and career interests lie, you'll find the right program in Shanghai.
Choose the academic program that best suits your college degree and general elective needs. You can take classes in three unique academic settings: The CEA Study Abroad Center Shanghai, which offers interactive, small classes; East China Normal University; and Shanghai Normal University. Choose from courses in subject areas such as Chinese (Mandarin) Language, Liberal Arts, International Business, Global Studies, East Asian Studies, or Communications.
All CEA students receive personalized assistance from admissions counselors and site specialists who are available to answer all of your questions. We give you the tools you need to plan a study abroad experience you’ll never forget. Upon arrival, students are met at the airport and go through an orientation for their new home away from home. On-site staff is there to help you along the way. Program price includes: housing, excursions, cultural activities, transcripts, and more.
- Setting Description:
- Engage in Chinese culture through visits to historic sites and monuments, guest lectures, and activities that give you an up-close and personal look into Shanghai life. Live like a local in one of three CEA housing options – residence hall, residence hall-tutoring, or independent living – depending on your comfort zone, budget, or level of independence. Delve deeper into Shanghai through CEA-organized cultural activities including Chinese Kongfu or Taiji class taught by professional coaches, a traditional Chinese medicine clinic visit, and experience Chinese treatments such as Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Cupping and Scrapping.
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Contact provider for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program