- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- Turn the City of Light into your living classroom when you study abroad with CEA in Paris! There's a reason why this capital city has long been a center of intellectual thought, politics, art, and social change; home to French haute couture, world-renowned cuisine, and some of the world's best museums and art galleries, Paris has drawn thinkers, artists, writers, and revolutionaries for centuries. Today, Paris is home to a richly multicultural population and is a European economic and political powerhouse. Position yourself at the center of the Francophone world when you study abroad at the CEA Paris Center or our partner universities, Novancia Business School, Catholic University , and the University of Paris IV - Cours de Civilisation Franzaise de la Sorbonne. You can even gain hands-on experience through volunteering and hone your French in our intensive language options. From business to biology, finance to fashion, you'll find it in Paris.
Choose the academic program that best suits your major and general elective needs. Choose from four different educational settings. CEA Study Abroad Center Paris offers curriculum designed engage students in the local culture, both in and out of the classroom, through guest lectures, site visits, and cultural activities. Alternatively, you may choose to study on a French campus through one of our partner institutions- Novancia Business School, the University of Paris IV – Sorbonne (Cours de Civilization Française), or Catholic University of Paris. All three Institutions offer courses for college credits well as immersive academic opportunities that connect you more deeply to local student communities.
All CEA students receive personalized assistance from admissions counselors and site specialists who are available to answer all of your questions. We give you the tools you need to plan a study abroad experience you’ll cherish. Upon arrival, students are met at the airport and go through an orientation for their new home away from home. On-site staff is there to help you along the way. Program price includes: housing, excursions, cultural activities, transcripts, and more.
- Setting Description:
- Explore Paris's rich and varied cuisine, fashionable shopping districts, and internationally known landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre. Paris continues to set trends in art, politics, and business. Live like a local in one of four CEA housing options – apartments, residence halls, French foyer or homestays – depending on your comfort zone, budget, or level of independence. Delve deeper into Paris through CEA-organized cultural activities; savor the culinary culture with wine and cheese tastings, or take cooking lessons and learn to make crepes. Depending on what time of year you go, attend the Paris Jazz Festival, Nuit Blanche, Fete de Ia Musique, the Paris Air Show, Gay Pride, and more.
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Based on 5 Reviews
- Adventure in Paris10/12/17
My experience studying abroad made me the person I am today. I found clarity within myself and who I wanted to be. As a result of studying abroad, I decided to continue my education and am now in a master’s program for Intercultural Communication.
Also, it was there that I felt accepted completely, as a member of the LGBT community. The professors, CEA staff, and those I studied abroad with embraced diversity and created an inclusive environment. In fact, when I returned home, I noticed that I was more confident and freed from negative baggage. I am currently working towards living in France, as I fell in love with the country.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Great experience with CEA!03/10/17
I absolutely loved everything about my semester with CEA in Paris. The classes were interesting, professors and staff were kind and ready to help, and I made some amazing friends. The only complaints I have are in regards to course difficulty and the
attendance policy. The courses were a lot more difficult than I was told study abroad courses would be, and the attendance policy felt too strict to me. My roommate and I were not able to return to Paris from Morocco because of a gas leak on our plane, and we were penalised for that. However, I loved every other part of studying abroad with CEA, and I can't wait to return to Paris and to see the staff, professors, and friends again!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- The Best Four Months of my Life05/18/15
I had always dreamt of studying in Paris, ever since my high school trip to Paris junior year. I found out about CEA's Paris program, did some research, and decided it was the best program for my study abroad experience. Little did I know that it would
be an experience that would change my life. CEA Paris staff are so kind and helpful, especially during the first few weeks while students are transitioning and getting used to their life in the city of love. CEA Paris also has an excellent set of faculty who teach classes like Business of Wine, French Civilization and Culture, and even a classes on fashion. The classes were fun and I felt that I gained more out of them than I had at any class I had taken on my campus back home. I learned more than just factual knowledge; I learned about the history of Paris and France and what makes them who they are today. I was also able to experience what I learned in class every single day while I explored the new city I called home. CEA Paris also has some really great housing options, for example my Parisian apartment was about a 20 minute metro ride from the CEA center. it was close enough to make me feel like a true Parisian, but wasn't right in the middle of the city, so it was never too loud or crazy at night. Beyond the facilities, staff, and faculty, I made the best of friends at CEA and outside of CEA. I met a group of girls, most were from the US but I also made friends with a local Parisian. Together we traveled the world and experienced all that Paris had to offer together. I still stay in touch with all of them and I'm so glad that CEA and Paris itself brought all of us together. Overall, I can't say enough great things about this program. If you are ready for a life changing experience in the city of love, then this is the program for you.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Engaging and Life-Changing Program02/25/15
I had the pleasure of studying abroad with CEA during fall of 2013. Studying abroad changed my life, and a lot of that was because of the outstanding efforts CEA took to make sure our experiences abroad were enriching and constantly immersing us in the
culture. The professors, staff, and advisors were all super helpful throughout the entire duration of the program (I still keep in contact with some of my professors!). The Paris Global Campus is right in the heart of the city, in the Marais; it truly couldn't get any better. I highly recommend this program and location!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Best experience of my life, hands down.02/24/15
An international education is one of the most valuable parts of a college experience, in my opinion. I am humbled to have had such an incredible experience abroad. The knowledge of the world and its people, the ways in which my patterns of thinking have
changed, and my outlook on culture and society outside of the United States are all things that I carry with me on a daily basis as a result of my semester abroad with CEA. CEA was more than helpful in every respect - they were always available to offer suggestions and recommendations. I experienced medical issues while I was abroad, and the CEA Paris staff were there to assist me with all of my needs - finding doctors, making appointments, checking in on me, etc. When in need of a restaurant recommendation, they were there with multiple suggestions. This significantly contributed to the overall quality of my experience. I chose the Foreign Language intensive program, so I was in class at the Sorbonne learning French five days a week. I loved it. The emphasis placed on the language at CEA was much stronger than I expected, and it was nice that the staff onsite consisted of some Americans and some French natives who were all equally willing and capable of assisting with language practice and what not. I also loved my apartment SO much. CEA does a great job of assigning housing - there are several housing options, and they are there to assist any needs a student may have with appliances, facility issues, etc. My apartment was small and comfortable, situated on the border of the 13th and 5th arrondissements. I wouldn't change a thing about my experience. It was perfect in every way and shaped me into a more well-rounded, culture-minded individual.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend