- Galway, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Immerse yourself in the culture, music, art, and history of Ireland when you study abroad in Galway! With a small-town feel, this university town offers easy access to all that Ireland has to offer, from "traditional" sites such as the Cliffs of Moher and the Aran Islands, and has long served as a center of art and culture. Enjoy the thriving theater and music scenes, browse the city's charming streets and bustling markets, and feast on the city's legendary seafood, fresh from Galway Bay. Immerse yourself in Irish student culture as you take classes from the National University of Ireland's full curriculum, including a Irish Gaelic language immersion program in the village of Cheathru Rua in Connemara. Round out your study abroad experience by volunteering for a local organization -- and boosting your resume in the process. Spend a semester, summer, or academic year in Galway and discover why the city is nicknamed "Ireland's Cultural Heart."
Choose the academic program that best meets your academic, career, and personal goals. CEA partners with the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI, Galway), to provide a range of courses to meet your needs. Since its foundation in 1849, the university has experienced significant and continuous growth and become one of the most prestigious teaching and research institutions in Ireland – making it an ideal CEA Partner. CEA in Galway offers you the opportunity to study alongside Irish college students and take advantage of the campus’ varied amenities. Choose from teh university's full curriculum, focus on Irish culture, or immerse yourself in the Irish Gaelic language in our summer Irish Language & Culture program in the small village of Cheathru Rua.
All CEA students receive personalized assistance from admissions counselors and site specialists who are available to answer all of your questions. We give you the tools you need to plan a study abroad experience you’ll cherish. Upon arrival, students are met at the airport and go through an orientation for their new home away from home. On-site staff is there to help you along the way. Program price includes: housing, excursions, cultural activities, transcripts, and more.
- Setting Description:
- Nicknamed “Ireland’s Cultural Heart,” Galway offers students the ideal opportunity to explore traditional Irish culture through festivals, celebrations, and cultural events. Live like a local in a centrally located apartment or with an Irish family homestay. Delve deeper into Galway through CEA-organized cultural activities; our international staff has designed excursions and opportunities that enable you to connect directly and meaningfully with the cultures of Galway and Ireland.
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Contact provider for more information.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Study abroad through CEA10/12/17
Choosing CEA was the best and easiest decision of my life. Their hands on approach made each step of the process manageable and my time abroad stress free. I was so lucky to have advisers to reach out to practically around the clock. I liked my experience
through CEA so much that I became an alumni insider. My study abroad experience changed my life and if you ever get the opportunity to go somewhere, take the leap.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend