- Galway, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
We offer five programs in Galway: Full Curriculum, Engineering, Ecology: Living Landscapes in the West of Ireland, Irish Studies, and Irish Language & Culture. Through these programs, you will be able to truly experience the Irish culture inside and outside the classroom. Apart from these programs, you can choose from plenty of electives, including Art History, Cultural Studies, Music, and more.
Our partner university, National University of Ireland, has more than 17,000 students who attend classes on the inviting 260-acre campus and have more than 1,000 international students every year. You will be able to study alongside students from all over the world.
Take your learning beyond the classroom -- CEA offers excursions and cultural engagements to make your experience abroad even better. Explore the enchanting Aran Islands and walk along the beautiful beaches that border the coastline. Or visit the Aughnanure Castle to learn about the great O’Flaherty family.
CEA makes sure your housing, health, safety, social engagement, and other needs are taken care of. Giving you the best possible study abroad experience is our top priority.
- Setting Description:
- Between the stunning coastline and the lush hills that surround the city, Galway is one of Ireland’s most engaging cities. Restaurants and lively pubs line the streets and give off a contemporary vibe, in part because of its large student population. Visit the Galway Market, a weekend market that has been in operation for centuries or just take in the beauty of the mountain peaks and grasslands.
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Contact provider for more information.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Study broad in Galway!12/10/18
I would definitely recommend studying abroad in Galway with CEA. The city is beautiful, and there are lots of public transportation options to travel around Ireland. It only takes 2.5-3 hours to get to the airport in Dublin, so traveling outsie of the
country is a bit more time consuming, but doable. There are a wide variety of classes to choose from, and although the grading system is different than in the US (since one or two tests or papers make up your entire course grade), they are fairy straightforward. The only thing I did not like was the housing. A lot of the students party of weeknights and go home on the weekend, so weeknights can be loud in the student accommodation. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Study abroad through CEA10/12/17
Choosing CEA was the best and easiest decision of my life. Their hands on approach made each step of the process manageable and my time abroad stress free. I was so lucky to have advisers to reach out to practically around the clock. I liked my experience
through CEA so much that I became an alumni insider. My study abroad experience changed my life and if you ever get the opportunity to go somewhere, take the leap.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend