- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- Experience the heart of Italy, and the capital of Tuscany as you study abroad in Florence. This World Heritage Site is not only the celebrated home of great minds like Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and Galileo, but also hosts sophisticated couture fashion houses and top engineers. Choose from a variety of academic programs in the areas like Studio Art, Fashion Design, and Florentine Culture. Each program is designed to localize your learning by getting you out of the classroom, and providing quality international education opportunities that complement your academic curriculum with the international experience and skills tomorrow's employers desire.
Choose the academic program that best suits your college degree and general elective needs. Choose from two different educational settings: CEA Study Abroad Center Florence offers curriculum designed to engage students in the local culture, both in and out of the classroom, through guest lectures, site visits, and cultural activities. Santa Reparata International School of Art, our local partner university, offers a Italian college campus experience and the opportunity to explore a foreign educational setting. This respected, independent, nonprofit studio art school offers the opportunity to study alongside other international students.
All CEA students receive personalized assistance from admissions counselors and site specialists who are available to answer all of your questions. We give you the tools you need to plan a study abroad experience you’ll never forget. Upon arrival, students are met at the airport and go through an orientation for their new home away from home. On-site staff is there to help you along the way. Program price includes: housing, excursions, cultural activities, transcripts, and more.
- Setting Description:
- In Florence, the past and present come together to create a tantalizing and dynamic atmosphere for the study abroad student – an international city with a small-town feel. Live like a local in one of two CEA housing options – apartments or homestays – depending on your comfort zone, budget, or level of independence. As a CEA student in Florence, you can meet representatives of a local anti-mafia organization, learn about the fashion trade from a national buyer, and discuss Florence’s role in the global marketplace with local business owners.
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Based on 1 Reviews
- My Semester in Paradise01/25/16
The best four months of my life! CEA professors and staff made this trip easy and amazing. I was completely immersed in the culture and life of Italy, and I learned so much about myself and the world around me that I could never have learned at home.
Absolutely recommend this program to everyone!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend