- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
You can choose between the CEA Florence Center, with courses in English and Italian, and the Santa Reparata International School of Art in Via San Gallo, where hands-on studio art courses help you connect with Florence’s heritage and daily Italian life.
CEA offers volunteer opportunities, expeditions to other cities, and many other cultural and learning activities, which turn Florence into a classroom. All program prices include housing, excursions, cultural activities, transcripts, and more.
Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
Personalized Pre-Departure Advising (including visa and immigration support)
Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions
Interested? Fill out the “Request Information” box to learn what’s waiting for you!
- Setting Description:
- Capital of Italy’s Tuscany region known as “the cradle of the Renaissance,” Florence has long been a source of inspiration for visionaries such as Galileo Galilei, Leonardo da Vinci, and Niccolò Machiavelli. It is known for the Cathedral on the Pizza del Duomo, a domed edifice engineered by Fillipo Brunelleschi, which includes an iconic bell tower rising high above the city. This once-Roman city established by Julius Ceasar in 59 BC steeped in history is the present home to fashion designers and major wine labels. In Florence, the past and present come together in this cosmopolitan city with a small-town feel. You can live a local in one of two CEA housing options—apartments or homestays—depending on your comfort zone, budget, or level of independence. You can learn about the fashion trade from a national buyer and discuss Florence’s role in the global marketplace with local business owners. Complete the “Request Information” box, and we’ll be in touch soon!
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Contact provider for more information.
Based on 2 Reviews
- La Bella Vita10/26/17
I was someone who never thought I would credit my time abroad as the best months of my life. I chose to go because I felt like this was my only opportunity to travel extensively. I believed that doing this would quench my thirst for international travel.
I was so wrong. It's been almost a year since I returned from my semester abroad in Florence with CEA. I have never wanted anything more than to rewind time and go back. I credit much of this to CEA and the onsite staff and experience they were able to offer. Unlike many other study abroad organizations, CEA operates out of a small office building in the center of the city. This means classes are small and centrally located. Classmates are all American students going through the same nerve-racking, yet thrilling experience as you. This was so important to me as I was daunted by the idea of feeling lost at a large, foreign university. This also meant that I could arrange to go abroad with my hometown best friend who had taken a different path than me after high school. CEA made it both possible and easy to make these arrangements and ensure we would have courses together and ultimately be roommates. It was a four month long sleepover. The onsite staff with CEA took care of us all as if we were there own children. I always felt safe and supported in anything I wanted to pursue. It was clear that the staff were there because they truly wanted to be, and didn't just fall into these job positions. I was able to have a constant source of information from these locals who offered parental-type care when desired. The onsite staff ensured we experienced authentic, cultural opportunities and planned many of these excursions: basketweaving with tuscan locals, wine tasting in a tuscan vineyard, book binding with a professional artisan, cooking class with an Italian chef etc. I could go on and on about my experience, but nothing will truly convey how wonderful it was.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- My Semester in Paradise01/25/16
The best four months of my life! CEA professors and staff made this trip easy and amazing. I was completely immersed in the culture and life of Italy, and I learned so much about myself and the world around me that I could never have learned at home.
Absolutely recommend this program to everyone!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend