- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
You can choose between the CEA Florence Center, with courses in English and Italian, and the Santa Reparata International School of Art in Via San Gallo, where hands-on studio art courses help you connect with Florence’s heritage and daily Italian life.
CEA offers volunteer opportunities, expeditions to other cities, and many other cultural and learning activities, which turn Florence into a classroom. All program prices include housing, excursions, cultural activities, transcripts, and more.
- Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
- Personalized Pre-Departure Advising (including visa and immigration support)
- Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
- Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
- Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions
Interested? Fill out the “Request Information” box to learn what’s waiting for you!
- Setting Description:
- Capital of Italy’s Tuscany region known as “the cradle of the Renaissance,” Florence has long been a source of inspiration for visionaries such as Galileo Galilei, Leonardo da Vinci, and Niccolò Machiavelli. It is known for the Cathedral on the Pizza del Duomo, a domed edifice engineered by Fillipo Brunelleschi, which includes an iconic bell tower rising high above the city. This once-Roman city established by Julius Ceasar in 59 BC steeped in history is the present home to fashion designers and major wine labels. In Florence, the past and present come together in this cosmopolitan city with a small-town feel. You can live a local in one of two CEA housing options—apartments or homestays—depending on your comfort zone, budget, or level of independence. You can learn about the fashion trade from a national buyer and discuss Florence’s role in the global marketplace with local business owners. Complete the “Request Information” box, and we’ll be in touch soon!
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Based on 1 Reviews
- My Semester in Paradise01/25/16
The best four months of my life! CEA professors and staff made this trip easy and amazing. I was completely immersed in the culture and life of Italy, and I learned so much about myself and the world around me that I could never have learned at home.
Absolutely recommend this program to everyone!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend