- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Break, Summer
- Program Description:
To give you the widest range of course options and cultural experiences, CEA Barcelona partners with some of Spain’s finest universities, including University of Barcelona, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, University of Vic, and Pompeu Fabra University. You can study at one of these prestigious institutions, at CEA’s Barcelona Center, located in the heart of the city, or experience both with a hybrid learning program.
All program prices include housing, excursions, cultural activities, transcripts, and more.
- Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
- Personalized Pre-Departure Advising (including visa and immigration support)
- Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
- Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
- Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions
Interested? Fill out the “Request Information” box to learn what’s waiting for you!
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona, Spain’s second-largest city, features a cosmopolitan atmosphere, a magnificent coastline, a temperate climate, marvelous art, and fantastic opportunities to learn. Gaze upon Antoni Gaudí’s gothic Sagrada Familia, the church of the Holy Family. Enjoy delicious tapas as you socialize with new friends. Experience the thrill of fútbol at Europe’s largest stadium, Camp Nou. This Spanish coastal metropolis offers a lively environment worth exploring on your own and with friends. Live like a local in one of three CEA housing options—apartments, residencies. or homestays—depending on your comfort zone, budget, or level of independence. Delve deeper into Barcelona through CEA-organized cultural activities, including Barca soccer matches, Tapas cooking workshops, Flamenco shows, and volunteer opportunities. Complete the “Request Information” box, and we’ll be in touch soon!
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Based on 5 Reviews
- Barcelona Spain02/19/18My experience with CEA was fantastic! The program was well organized, the teachers were amazing, and the program planned an abundant amount of fun trips for the students!Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- The TIME OF MY LIFE10/17/17
I miss Barcelona every single day. The reason that I had such an amazing experience is because I went with CEA, who took amazing care of me and helped me along every step of the way. I felt taken care of while I was applying for the program, while I was
applying for the scholarships, and while even while I was abroad. I felt safe in a foreign country because they equipped me with all of the resources I needed to stay healthy, including insurance. I also enjoyed all of the cultural immersion activities that CEA gave us the opportunity to participate in. Making tapas in Spain was a dream come true. I would recommend CEA to any of my friends who would like to go abroad because I want THEM to have the best experience possible, as well!!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Highly recommended, our unforgettable stay in Barcelona10/24/16
I came to Barcelona to do a course in CEA, and I had unforgettable experience. To repeat ... We stayed 5 girls in an apartment in the Rambla de Catalunya with company My Space Barcelona who kindly rented for us this amazing apartment, it was also very
close to CEA. We had a feeling like we were leaving in Barcelona before, because the company My Space Barcelona and CEA, gave us the feeling of being at home, cosy and comfortable place! The apartment had 3 large bedrooms and 3 balconies overlooking the Rambla Catalunya, the heart of Barcelona. The apartment was spacious and well equipped, plus we had cleaning once a week. Big Deal!!! It was very interesting Spanish courses and I learned a lot! For now, I am sure that I will do my Master here in Barcelona, renting one of the amazing apartments in My Space Barcelona!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Best Semester of My Life04/13/15
Going abroad to Barcelona through CEA was the best decision I have ever made. CEA was almost 10 grand cheaper than going through my school and I got into all of the 5 business classes that I needed to take. They were so helpful throughout the whole experience
from right when I was accepted until the day I left Spain. The apartment I lived in was beyond beautiful and had two balconies where I could see the top of Sagrada Familia from. The CEA building is in a great spot where you can leave in between classes to grab lunch or go shopping on Las Ramblas. The staff was so helpful with getting me dentist & doctor appointments as well as accommodating me into a room on site where I could have a web cast interview. I highly recommend going through CEA in Barcelona or any other destination for that matter.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Why wouldn't you Go with CEA?02/24/15
Studying abroad in Barcelona is the best choice I have ever made, and doing with CEA only made my time in Spain even better. The staff at CEA, both in the US and Barcelona, always keep the students as their main focus. They work hard to help us make the
best out of our experience from planning group trips, teaching us about the local culture, to ensuring we are having the time of our lives. The professors are very diverse Europeans and have unique perspectives than instructors in the US. CEA-Barcelona's home building is in the middle of everything and my apartment could not have been better. I met so many new people through CEA, it really is true that your friends are what makes the experience unforgettable. I would highly recommend CEA as a program to any prospective students- they are always available if you have a problem, the staff and professors work hard to enhance the experience. This is not a program where you will be left alone to fend for yourself in a foreign country. Honestly nothing negative to say. The best 4 months of your life!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend