- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Break, Summer
- Program Description:
- Stylish. Cosmopolitan. Stunning. There are many reasons why Barcelona is CEA's most popular destination -- come explore them with us! Spain's second-largest city offers the perfect blend of historic and modern, combining the charm of the medieval Gothic quarter with thriving immigrant cultures, Gaudi's quirky architectural creations with world-class dining and shopping. And, of course, some of Spain's best universities are here, too. Whether you want to study business or hone your Spanish, immerse in local Catalan culture or explore the Humanities, you'll find what you're seeking in this amazing city. You can even build career-boosting skills while abroad with CEA's Global Career Development Certificate, volunteering, and service learning programs that turn Barcelona into your classroom.
Choose the academic program that best suits your college degree and general elective needs. Choose from four different educational settings: CEA Study Abroad Center Barcelona offers curriculum designed to engage students in the local culture through guest lectures, site visits, and cultural activities, taught in both English and Spanish. The University of Barcelona, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, University of Vic - Central University of Catalonia, and Pompeu Fabra University offer a Spanish college campus experience and the opportunity to explore a foreign educational setting by taking courses with Spanish and other international students.
All CEA students receive personalized assistance from admissions counselors and site specialists who are available to answer all of your questions. We give you the tools you need to plan a study abroad experience you’ll cherish. Upon arrival, students are met at the airport and receive an orientation for their new home away from home. On-site staff is there to help you along the way. Program price includes: housing, excursions, cultural activities, transcripts, and more.
- Setting Description:
- Spain’s coastal metropolis offers a lively environment worth exploring on your own with friends. Live like a local in one of three CEA housing options – apartments, residencias or homestays – depending on your comfort zone, budget or level of independence. Delve deeper into Barcelona through CEA-organized cultural activities, including Barca soccer matches, Tapas cooking workshops, Flamenco shows, and volunteer opportunities. Gain hands-on experience and enhance your employability with our service learning opportunities, career workshops, and our Global Career Development Certificate program.
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Based on 3 Reviews
- Highly recommended, our unforgettable stay in Barcelona10/24/16
I came to Barcelona to do a course in CEA, and I had unforgettable experience. To repeat ... We stayed 5 girls in an apartment in the Rambla de Catalunya with company My Space Barcelona who kindly rented for us this amazing apartment, it was also very
close to CEA. We had a feeling like we were leaving in Barcelona before, because the company My Space Barcelona and CEA, gave us the feeling of being at home, cosy and comfortable place! The apartment had 3 large bedrooms and 3 balconies overlooking the Rambla Catalunya, the heart of Barcelona. The apartment was spacious and well equipped, plus we had cleaning once a week. Big Deal!!! It was very interesting Spanish courses and I learned a lot! For now, I am sure that I will do my Master here in Barcelona, renting one of the amazing apartments in My Space Barcelona!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Best Semester of My Life04/13/15
Going abroad to Barcelona through CEA was the best decision I have ever made. CEA was almost 10 grand cheaper than going through my school and I got into all of the 5 business classes that I needed to take. They were so helpful throughout the whole experience
from right when I was accepted until the day I left Spain. The apartment I lived in was beyond beautiful and had two balconies where I could see the top of Sagrada Familia from. The CEA building is in a great spot where you can leave in between classes to grab lunch or go shopping on Las Ramblas. The staff was so helpful with getting me dentist & doctor appointments as well as accommodating me into a room on site where I could have a web cast interview. I highly recommend going through CEA in Barcelona or any other destination for that matter.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Why wouldn't you Go with CEA?02/24/15
Studying abroad in Barcelona is the best choice I have ever made, and doing with CEA only made my time in Spain even better. The staff at CEA, both in the US and Barcelona, always keep the students as their main focus. They work hard to help us make the
best out of our experience from planning group trips, teaching us about the local culture, to ensuring we are having the time of our lives. The professors are very diverse Europeans and have unique perspectives than instructors in the US. CEA-Barcelona's home building is in the middle of everything and my apartment could not have been better. I met so many new people through CEA, it really is true that your friends are what makes the experience unforgettable. I would highly recommend CEA as a program to any prospective students- they are always available if you have a problem, the staff and professors work hard to enhance the experience. This is not a program where you will be left alone to fend for yourself in a foreign country. Honestly nothing negative to say. The best 4 months of your life!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend