- Sydney, Australia; Melbourne, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Australia is known for its stark beauty, bustling cities, and unique wildlife. Australia is also a land with abundant resources. So what happens when converging forces cause wildfires throughout a nation that is almost the size of the United States. How do local and regional authorities marshal the resources needed to combat the fires? And how do they determine what to do after the fires are out?
Australia’s bout of wildfires forever changed the landscape and how local communities manage their natural resources. CCSA students and faculty will meet people in Australia tasked with disaster recovery and mitigation as a lesson for all on how local, national and global decision-making impacts not only one community, but potentially, people around the globe. The program schedule includes multiple nights in Sydney and Melbourne, along with class activities outside these urban areas.
- Accommodations: Included.
- Course-related activities and entrances fees
- Some minor additional course fees may apply. See our cost calculator.
- All course-related ground transportation
- Additional cultural program excursions
- Health and emergency evacuation insurance
- Program directors and staff on-site 24/7
- $3,699 - $3,999 USD. Group international airfare: $2,149 - $2,349 (est.)
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Need-Based scholarships are available!