In collaboration with the University of Hyogo in Kobe, Japan, the INI offers a two-year, dual-degree program.
- Pittsburgh, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Information Technology
- Program Description:
- The program prepares students to become leaders in information security by blending education in information security technology, business management and policy, in addition to providing a unique cultural perspective. The curriculum provides background, insights and both general and technical coverage of key elements of information security, while equipping students with the analytical methods and management practices to succeed as managers and technologists in the growing and rapidly changing field of information security. Upon completion of the dual-degree program, students earn graduate degrees in information technology from both Carnegie Mellon University and University of Hyogo. Students earn the Master of Science in Information Technology-Information Security (Kobe MSIT-IS) from the Information Networking Institute, Carnegie Mellon University and the Master of Applied Informatics from the Graduate School of Applied Informatics, University of Hyogo.
Additional Program Information
- ABET, Middle States
- 1. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline with a minimum cumulative QPA of 3.0 or equivalent * 2. Successful completion of introductory-level undergraduate computer science or information technology course ** 3. Demonstrated analytical ability, including successful completion of undergraduate probability or statistics courses ** 4. English proficiency for non-native speakers * Students who wish to study at Silicon Valley during their time in the U.S. are required to have a bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical and computer engineering, or a related field. ** Items 2 & 3 can be compensated by appropriate professional/industrial experience to be judged by the admissions committee.
- International Requirements:
- English proficiency for non-native speakers.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program